Need advice on a Chucky Doll - What's your thoughts?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

G17RDY

Sr Member
Hello,

Looking to buy a Chucky doll shortly, without breaking the bank!!

Found a version, Sideshow 14", for a reasonable sum £45 - £80

What's your thoughts on this one?

Thanks, Gordy

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Howlrunner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's OK, but at 14" it's about half the size of Chucky in the movies. The scale makes it too much like a toy that a replica to me.

Is it specifically Part 1-3 Chucky you want? What about scarred Seed/Bride Chucky?

If you go for the scarred Chucky, for the price range you're looking at you should be able to pick up the 26" Spencer's doll (there's a few on eBay in your price range now). With a bit of work, it's really very presentable for the money (mainly the eyes need replaced):

http://www.therpf.com/f9/chucky-doll-modification-finished-pg4-69797/

OldKen

Master Member
After seeing Howelrunners customization I would have to agree that this is the best option for a screen accurate or darn closer than what some of the more expensive ones are.

Wasn't the size REALLY simmilar with the spencers and screen used?

Anyway, just remembered and loved that thread and thought I would throw in my 2c.

G17RDY

Sr Member
Re: Need advice on a Chucky Doll - What's your tho

WOW Howlrunner, how did i not see your Chucky thread?, that's a cracking job, food for thought right there!!

Found an amazing Chucky replica on ebay, made by TNGTeam - Looks the business, but have no idea what the items linage is or how good these guys are to deal with - Anyone dealt with them before?

Howlrunner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: Need advice on a Chucky Doll - What's your tho

The Spencer's doll is 26", whereas the screen-used doll was apparently 28". I have a cast-from-screen-used Good Guys head and while they're close, the Spencer's is noticeably smaller (will try to get a pic up later).

The doll that TNGProps sells looks decent on their own eBay page pictures. The head definitely looks like their own custom sculpt (not a recast of any liscenced heads). The shirt and rolled up ends of the trouser legs are the wrong colours and the dungarees are missing the play equipment images all over them.

From these pics I found of one of the TNGProps dolls that someone else is selling (minus the professional photography), the hair on his head looks to be the wrong colour (orange with black mixed in), and the extra hair strands stapled to his temples look like they're a different colour from the rest of the hair:

G17RDY

Sr Member
H, you know your chucky's thats for sure, i never noticed the dungarees and hair inaccuracies on the TngTeam one, good spot.

Actually looking at the photos you found, it doesn't look as good as the one you did in all honesty, it's amazing what professional phtography does, this doesn't even look like the same TngTeam doll!!

I think i'm going to go down the route you took, buy a Spencer and modify, would i be right in thinking / saying that a buy it now, including shipping from the states for £60 is a decent enough deal?

Howlrunner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think £60 is about what I paid for my Tiffany which I modified (that thread is around here somewhere too). Chucky comes up fairly regularly - I got outbid quite a few times but eventually snagged one for £25. £60 delivered is probably fair-ish though.

Here's the size comparison pic I promised, as you can see, Spencer's Chucky is a bit smaller that screen-used Chucky:

G17RDY

Sr Member
Excellent thank you for the info and your help, just need to keep an eye out for one now!!

I'm already thinking of getting a scarred spencer and trying to mod to remove the scars etc to make it more like a Chucky from CP1 or CP2.
Big ideas, whether i can execute will be a different matter.
Do you think the spencer carries enough hair to pull of an un-scarred chucky?

Blake18

I got a tng team doll and I loved it you might have to do a couple mods but it's pretty nice also have a good guy from don studios it's decent, also couple of mods !

Howlrunner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Trick or Treat Studios have announced that they have recently acquired the Child's Play license and will be producing life size dolls, probably next year. Given their official license offerings this year, and last, I'm pretty excited for it.