Need Advice on a Captain Rex Helmet

kevin1701

Hi,

I bought a Phase II Captain Rex helmet from a seller on Etsy for my son. The helmet looks very well made and is actually built around a heavy duty bicycle or motorcycle helmet. There's plenty of padding as well as lights (making this the only helmet I could find with lights). The only problem is that it uses the lens from the motorcycle helmet, which doesn't extend to the bottom of the "T. I found a replacement T-shaped clone-trooper lens on-line and I'm hoping it will fit, but I'm not sure how to adhere it to the interior of the helmet. It has padding all around. Foam-board friendly construction adhesive? Here are some photos of the helmet. The new lens should be here in a day or two, and I'm bucking the Christmas deadline so I need to get it right the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8897.jpeg
    IMG_8897.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8898 2.jpeg
    IMG_8898 2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
Hi,

I bought a Phase II Captain Rex helmet from a seller on Etsy for my son. The helmet looks very well made and is actually built around a heavy duty bicycle or motorcycle helmet. There's plenty of padding as well as lights (making this the only helmet I could find with lights). The only problem is that it uses the lens from the motorcycle helmet, which doesn't extend to the bottom of the "T. I found a replacement T-shaped clone-trooper lens on-line and I'm hoping it will fit, but I'm not sure how to adhere it to the interior of the helmet. It has padding all around. Foam-board friendly construction adhesive? Here are some photos of the helmet. The new lens should be here in a day or two, and I'm bucking the Christmas deadline so I need to get it right the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you slide it between the padding and helmet? If so, then even a few dabs of hot glue or another flexible adhesive may do you just fine.

Thanks. I hope that does it. The motorcycle helmet visor does flip up inside. The problem I have is that the visor material I ordered (which has been cut for a Phase II helmet) hasn't come yet. And since I've never worked with it I'm not sure how flexible it is and how much adhesive it takes to hold it down--and whether the necessary adhesive is compatible with the padding I have to adhere the visor to. If it wasn't so close to Christmas I wouldn't worry.

It's supposed to get delivered today so we'll see.

Thanks again.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back