Need advice on 12th Doctor costume

jmw

My daughter is having a random fandom costume wedding in September and dear old dad is going as the 12th Doctor. Since I cannot find a costume shop that will rent me one, I could use some advice on where to purchase an inexpensive outfit. Keep in mind that this will be strictly for one time use and I have already funded the rest of the wedding so the bank balance is pretty low :). I have found quite a few suppliers on eBay, but have no idea if any of them are of decent quality. Reviews of the supplier on Amazon seem okay, but sizing seems to be an issue. Please offer up any suggestions/comments/advice you have. Thanks.

Mike

For the 12th Doctor on a budget, I'd look for a used 3-button mid-length overcoat and build from there. The 12th Doctor has many different vests, shirts, even coat material (wool, velvet) and color (black, dark grey or dark red) - but always the 3-button overcoat. With luck I'd think you would be able to find one for under $100, with the plus that after the wedding you'd have a winter coat! The challenge would be to find one with red lining. Other than the overcoat, there is a choice of vest - buttoned or zippered, usually black or dark grey; button-front shirt, black or white or even black/white polka dot; black or dark grey skinny pants and black dress lace-up boots or lace up shoes. I think at one time he even wore a hoodie under the jacket, and most recently a crew-neck pull over shirt. But always with the jacket. There's quite a leeway you can choose from once you have the jacket and most of the pieces can later be used as part of your regular closet.

Thanks, but I have not been able to find anything suitable locally, hence my question about Amazon or eBay suppliers. Maybe I should hop down to San Diego this week and see if anybody want to part with theirs, especially now that we know the 13th Doctor is female ;-)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back