***NEED ADVICE*** New 52 Bizarro Superman

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

dynosaurtoddler

For NYCC '15 I'm going as the new 52 bizarro superman, as seen in the Forever Evil story. I'm going to make a latex mask for my face instead of painting it. I've made a cast of my head and am currently in the clay phase (this is my first cosplay to this magnitude. Others have been makeshift stuff). Anyways, my question is: is there any specific way to attach hair to the mask or do I just kind of glue it on? I want it to look as good as possible so any tips or advice would be appreciated! Also any advice on sewing would be great, as I've never seen before but would like to make my own costume from scratch. Thanks! And I'll be posting pics soon :-D

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Vox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've never had to deal with hair, so I don't know how to answer that one.

As for sewing, my best advice outside of taking an actual class would be going to YouTube. You will have to do some intricate searching to find something that is at least close to what you are looking for, but odds are it is there.

Also, leave yourself PLENTY of time. You will likely have to create a custom pattern design which can sometimes require trial and error. Then I advise doing a "mock-up" which is a rudimentary build of your costume piece out of cheap fabric like muslin. Once you are sure everything fits together like you want it to, then you can buy your actual fabric and assemble it.

Finally, buy enough fabric, which is usually a little more than you think you need. Few things are worse than tracing out all of your patterns and discovering you don't have enough for that second sleeve.