Need a very small Mark7 and Mark42 helmet

Modular

Hi guys,

I need some help of the pepakura-gurus in this forum. I want to build two small IronMan helmets for a friends birthday. They should be ~160mm high. With Pepakura I tried to scale them down to 40% but the original paper-models become to fuzzy. Can anyone help me to make these two templates right please? So building them become more easy.

Thanks!

You allways can print to scale, just change your printer configuration in properties using the "print to scale" option, is not ecological but at least is practical, you can use the sobrant paper in other things.

Greetings.

you can scale the helmet to the exact size rather than % ( 2D menu> change scale > scale factor) and drag and move the part around in the print preview until its not fuzzy then print it... all the best with the build....

Thanks for the tips. I will show the results when I'm finished. :) Right now I will try to go with foam-version-templates and using 1mm and 0,5mm plasticcard.

Update:

Changed from plastic to paper and from Mark42 to IronPatriot. My friend wants a bust of this armor and I will use this image (Iron Man 3: War Machine Front by DroidsForSale - Josh Herman - CGHUB) as inspiration. Finished the helmet (using this one: http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-patr...s-pepakura-links-first-post-added-pdf-167044/) but it needs much more work!!!

20130604_135438.jpg

and now I'm waiting for the resin.

But I have two questions:

1. When the resin is dry can I cut the helmet into parts or will they bend/deform then?
2. Do you think resin is enough to harden the surface? I didn't want to work with fiberclass because the helmet will not be worn. ;)

Rondo if no fibreglass pal. I get that fibreglass is the best but its so difficult to put in the iron man helmet in all the creases. Without it being seperated which isnt the best idea if its just paper and resin. I used rondo. More than hard enough. And nice and smooth on the inside. Also lets you sand down certain parts if you make it thick. Just keep stirring some bondo in a plastic cup. And keep adding resin now and again. Until its quite runny. Add some hardner and pour in. You need to make a few batches and also brush it around after a little while as it doesnt run for long.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back