Need a makeup shop in L.A.

TK-6790

I need to find a professional make up shop in the Los Angeles area. I need to get a life cast made of my head and cannot do it all by myself. I am willing to pay for a professionally made one.

Originally posted by TK-6790@Feb 13 2006, 09:44 PM
I need to find a professional make up shop in the Los Angeles area.  I need to get a life cast made of my head and cannot do it all by myself.  I am willing to pay for a professionally made one.
[snapback]1183836[/snapback]​

Try Cinema Secrets in Burbank. They do a great Halloween business and might be able to do one for you -- or recommend a place.

http://store.cinemasecretsonline.com/index.html

there was a board member here that was in L.A. that was doing this for members that lived close or something to that effect from what I recall.

Maybe he will see this and post.

Originally posted by TK-6790@Feb 13 2006, 08:44 PM
I need to find a professional make up shop in the Los Angeles area.  I need to get a life cast made of my head and cannot do it all by myself.  I am willing to pay for a professionally made one.

I had a life cast done of my face a few days ago on my local college. Took about a half and hours to do. All done w/ plaster. Kind of scary but well worth it

NEVER do a facecast with any kind of plaster..

Anyone who uses that old process doesn't know how to do it correctly or safely.

I know of too many stories of Artists making Facecasts with various kinds of Plaster and the subject getting molded
has their face stuck in the Plaster which later had to be chiseled or chipped off very carefully & painfully..

I've been doing Lifecasts for 18+ years (well over 100 of them) and we use Alginate and Plaster Bandages,
or a new process using Skin-Safe Molding Silicone which I've even had done on my own face.

Even if you are trying to save some money, getting a Lifecast
done by a Professional is well worth the money.

Originally posted by Tim Allen+Feb 19 2006, 03:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tim Allen @ Feb 19 2006, 03:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TK-6790
@Feb 13 2006, 08:44 PM

I had a life cast done of my face a few days ago on my local college. Took about a half and hours to do. All done w/ plaster. Kind of scary but well worth it
[snapback]1188536[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well thats why we lubed my entire face up w/ vasoline. Thick layers of it so the plaster does not stick, also you pop the plaster off ur face before it gets really hard and completely set's up. Yes it can be dangerout and i DO NOT recommend doing this unless the person doing has experience but the plaster is not dangerous at all if its done corretly.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back