Necromonger Fans

Prop Runner

Sr Member
Is it possible to overlay your sculpt onto the original and compare? I will never presume to have anything approaching your sculpting talent, but I pride myself with a sharp eye and was wondering if you'd welcome some helpful feedback. If not, I'll shut up and quietly admire your progress toward completion. :)

- Gabe
 

weaselflinger

Sr Member
Hey Gabe, I have been doing the overlay thing in photoshop every couple of hours now that the sculpt is getting tighter. It still needs some tweeks for sure, but the end is in sight (for the face at least).

The black wash on the original makes a big difference on the overall appearance as well.
 

armourerdoug

New Member
Very nice. as a Necromonger Legion member Like Jangomontes, just like to say that I cant wait to see the final sculpt.

I had a helmet that wasnt used on screen as it was a test sculpt for the movie, it is very scimilar to the screen used one click on my profile for my whole costume pic.

Doug
 

armourerdoug

New Member
also, when I moulded my helmet, I made my new one with a removable face plate,
mine has 3 small rare earth magnets in the face plate an 3 corresponding bits of steel in the helmet,works a treat..

Doug :)
 

weaselflinger

Sr Member
I know Miles Teves sculpted a protoype helmet and it is very similar to the screen used helmet (which he also may have sculpted).

I intend to cast this with a removable faceplate as well.
 

rudolpht

Well-Known Member
My anticipation grows by the day to see the sculpt coming to fruition, now the subtitle promises pics.....
 

judz dwedd

New Member
Originally posted by armourerdoug@Jan 5 2006, 02:18 PM
hey, any progress?
:love
[snapback]1151458[/snapback]​

I think after you posted about the helmet YOU molded, all of the people that were interested in Weaselflinger's project, gravitated towards yours. You basicly swayed all interested members away from him, in his own thread. :unsure
 

armourerdoug

New Member
Originally posted by judz dwedd+Jan 24 2006, 05:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(judz dwedd @ Jan 24 2006, 05:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-armourerdoug
@Jan 5 2006, 02:18 PM
hey, any progress?
:love
[snapback]1151458[/snapback]​

I think after you posted about the helmet YOU molded, all of the people that were interested in Weaselflinger's project, gravitated towards yours. You basicly swayed all interested members away from him, in his own thread. :unsure
[snapback]1166834[/snapback]​
[/b]
Judz,
I have been in contact with weasel finger and we have not had any problems with each other, I have given him my utmost support in his projest and would like one myself if he does finish it.I suggest you keep comments like that to PM

thanks for your understanding

Doug
 

judz dwedd

New Member
I was just posting the likely reason for no updates. You did, after all, ask on the open forum, so that's where I posted. I just saw Mike (Weaselflinger) this last weekend, so I'm very familiar with this situation. He's a very nice guy, not the type to openly comment about it.
 

armourerdoug

New Member
Originally posted by judz dwedd@Jan 24 2006, 07:08 PM
I was just posting the likely reason for no updates. You did, after all, ask on the open forum, so that's where I posted. I just saw Mike (Weaselflinger) this last weekend, so I'm very familiar with this situation. He's a very nice guy, not the type to openly comment about it.
[snapback]1166901[/snapback]​
Thats fair enough Judz,
I am only going to make a max of 10), none with removeable faces AND only to members of the Necromonger Forum, I did explain this to him and suggest he carry on as it looks like a great piece of work, I am a fan and never ment to cause any bad feeling. I will happily quit the forum If I have offended , once again my appologies to weaselfinger, but the way you worded it and the face at the end is what got my back up.


Doug
 

skygunbro

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by judz dwedd+Jan 24 2006, 05:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(judz dwedd @ Jan 24 2006, 05:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-armourerdoug
@Jan 5 2006, 02:18 PM
hey, any progress?
:love
[snapback]1151458[/snapback]​

I think after you posted about the helmet YOU molded, all of the people that were interested in Weaselflinger's project, gravitated towards yours. You basicly swayed all interested members away from him, in his own thread. :unsure
[snapback]1166834[/snapback]​
[/b]
:eek: give me a break..... :rolleyes
Both sculpts are excellent I dont think it was an intentional hijack but just a person with a similar item/intrest...........
 

docholl

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by skygunbro+Jan 24 2006, 10:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skygunbro @ Jan 24 2006, 10:35 PM)</div>
Originally posted by judz dwedd@Jan 24 2006, 05:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-armourerdoug
@Jan 5 2006, 02:18 PM
hey, any progress?
:love
[snapback]1151458[/snapback]​



I think after you posted about the helmet YOU molded, all of the people that were interested in Weaselflinger's project, gravitated towards yours. You basicly swayed all interested members away from him, in his own thread. :unsure
[snapback]1166834[/snapback]​
:eek: give me a break..... :rolleyes
[snapback]1167486[/snapback]​
[/b]
I second that.
 

judz dwedd

New Member
Never said it was an "intentional hijack". I just stated how things went down. After the readers discovered that someone had a mold from an origional, everyone stoped pm'ing Mike. Two of the most interested in the project, bought one of the others instead. Is anyone in the wrong here? Probably not. That's just the way things go. I don't believe (nor does Mike) that it was an intentional hijack. After all, it was one of his first posts, so he may not even have known what a hijack was. Just don't be surprised if Weaselflinger no longer shows any progress pics of any projects he's working on. Lesson learned, life goes on.
 

armourerdoug

New Member
Originally posted by judz dwedd@Jan 25 2006, 03:08 PM
Never said it was an "intentional hijack". I just stated how things went down. After the readers discovered that someone had a mold from an origional, everyone stoped pm'ing Mike. Two of the most interested in the project, bought one of the others instead. Is anyone in the wrong here? Probably not. That's just the way things go. I don't believe (nor does Mike) that it was an intentional hijack. After all, it was one of his first posts, so he may not even have known what a hijack was. Just don't be surprised if Weaselflinger no longer shows any progress pics of any projects he's working on. Lesson learned, life goes on.
[snapback]1167675[/snapback]​
Guys,
I had no idea that weaselfinger was making it to sell, somebody linked me to the site and I even put info into how my face plate worked, I had no intensions of "hi-jacking." (even though that word means to steal stolen goods.)I will no longer let people know what I have ,on this forum In case i f--k up again was my 1st post too. oh well

once again sorry Weasel finger ,and you should definately make yours (med to Large as mine is fairly small like the scrren item and )then you will surely sell loads of them here

regards

Doug
 

weaselflinger

Sr Member
Ok, I'll jump in.

Armourerdoug has told me in PM that he mentioned that his helmet was available in my WIP thread because he wanted to recoup the cost of molding his helmet and assumed that I wasn't offering copies (since I didn't specifically state that I was in the thread).

He also said that since posting in the thread he has made and sold copies of his to RPF members.

Because of this, my enthusiasm for the project has diminished, but I believe that Armourerdoug's intentions are not malicious, so I just stopped posting in the thread and allowed it to get burried without saying anything publicly about the misunderstanding.

Judz and I are good friends and he is familiar with a couple of unrelated deals I've been involved in that have kinda screwed me over recently.

When he heard about this situation he posted in my defense in the hope of avoiding future misunderstandings among those of us in the hobby in general, and not to specifically attack Amourerdoug.

I'm sure I will still do the helmet, but it's no longer on the front burner for me. It's no big deal. I have plenty of other projects in the meantime to keep me busy and the Lord Marshal helmet will still eventually get done.

I wish good luck to Armourerdoug and thank Judz for having my back...
 
Top