Neca Is Trying to cost out an 18"-19" Classic Predator for 2011. Its $$$ would you guys be willing t

Jumpman

neca asked this on twiiter..

Neca Is Trying to cost out an 18"-19" Classic Predator for 2011. Its $$$ would you guys be willing to pay $70-$80 for such a figure? Thoughts?

I say HELL YEAH ;)

neca asked this on twiiter..

Neca Is Trying to cost out an 18"-19" Classic Predator for 2011. Its $$$ would you guys be willing to pay $70-$80 for such a figure? Thoughts?

I say HELL YEAH ;)

Oh yes! I would with out batting an eye, especially if it’s an accurately and nicely sculpted piece of work
~Estelle

WAY too much, HELL no, if I'm paying that much for a NECA product, I might as well buy HOT TOYS.

Absolutely not - get real, NECA.

Standard 18" from NECA normally runs about 40 or 50 bucks. It would likely come with a sound chip or leds or maybe even both. I'd probably be willing to pay 70.

In the past they've mentioned the paint aps wouldn't be cost effective so raising the price tag isn't out of the question.

I'd love to have one of these bad boys to go along with all my others:

18inchers.jpg

Randy continued with this . . .

@Randy7027 we'd like to do a 1/4 scale Pred like our popular 18" line of figures but is very expensive to produce. We're all about value & affordability

Then this . . .

@WarriorAlien thanks one of the big issues is once you're price is that high you're limited where you can sell. Too $$ for many retailers & it takes up a lot of shelf space. Lots to consider.

They've gotten my hopes up on this very figure before. So I dunno how likely it is to happen.

I know in the Transformers world, collectors pay that with out blinking an eye...heck, right now Toys R Us has an exclusive MP Grimlock going for $70.00 and it will not stay on the shelves...

I know I would pay close to that if it was articulated well, and had some electronics! In a heart beat!!

If the paint work isn't as good on the prototype (and a 19" figure WOULD be bigger than the two-up obviously), then they're not getting the extra $20-$30. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooooooo... that is a really hard question to be asking yourself.

Hmmmm.... to pay that much for that size of figure... well, it had better have a lot, and I mean A LOT, of accessories and really awesome articulation plus a very sturdy and poseable frame and body.

I am talking make this sucker the coolest NECA figure... EVER!

... then I may consider.

I find it hilarious that NECA says they are about value and affordability - then they turn around and release 10 different variants of one sculpt. This is my biggest gripe with them, and why I will never be a NECA customer, though if their P1/P2 items are good I'll get one version of each, nothing more.

If you want to spout being all about value, pack the extra stuff in one big box and sell it for 20+ dollars so no one has to go out and buy 3 different versions or more, just to get accessories that should have come with the figure in the first place, mask/unmasked heads and extra hands included.

...and that leads me into affordability, it's cheaper to do it that way than it is for collectors to go out and buy three or more 15+ dollar items.

If you want to spout being all about value, pack the extra stuff in one big box and sell it for 20+ dollars so no one has to go out and buy 3 different versions or more, just to get accessories that should have come with the figure in the first place, mask/unmasked heads and extra hands included.

...and that leads me into affordability, it's cheaper to do it that way than it is for collectors to go out and buy three or more 15+ dollar items.
I agree here, but all the extra stuff wil cost you more especially the bigger the figure and detail it is the more it would cost $70-$80 sounds reasonable I mean I bought the 10th or 20th Anniversary AVP figures and @ the time 10" Alien and Predator for I believe $90 @ Toys "R" Us. If could be made to be cheaper and still have all the intricate details and the paint is excellent then I would consider it.

Your right, it will cost more, but not as much as buying 3 of the same figure just to get the accessories. Even if they jacked the price up to 30 dollars for each 6-7 inch figure with all the heads/hands/weapons/accessories, it would still be cheaper than buying three of the same figure for close to 20 dollars. That's 60 dollars alone on 3 figures that aren't even complete and get to you as a barebones product.

They're going to LOSE customers charging $30 for a 7" action figure, regardless of what they include.

And, NECA is in the business of making money.
That's really all there is to it, it's the bottom line.

So, variants help to reduce costs for them and they make a profit.

If they make a profit...we get more figs.

No point in complaining about it.

They're going to LOSE customers charging $30 for a 7" action figure, regardless of what they include.

And, NECA is the business of making money.
That's really all there is to it, it's the bottom line.

So, variants help to reduce costs for them and they make a profit.

If they make a profit...we get more figs.

No point in complaining about it.

have to agree with you sabres on this... we need to help company like neca to produce us such great figs...
putting my self on the shoes of neca if I would be on the same shoes I will be doing the same cause I need to earn money so I can produce a lot of figures for people to love but I'm not pleasing everybody to get my figures i'ts their choice but it's for me to produce highend and mass production items... just my opinion... ;)

I would agree with neca on that an 18" predator?that would be cool!

Customers would essentially be getting a great deal off single figures with the total package and NECA would make more money per unit sold - I don't see how NECA would lose business though if the customers are getting MORE for less.

I'm not going to pretend to know the business on level xyz, but I am a Non-NECA customer because of the way they do business.

I'd put down some money for an 18" pred from neca, even if the paint work sucks. I'd buy just to have it re-painted. Now if the detail on the sculpt is bad then for get it.

imo the 7inch classic predator looks horrible because the paint and sculpting details are hard to do on such a small figure....however with a 18-19 inch, details and paint will stand out more because it is painstakingly easier to work on than a small figure

Its gonna be hard to price them just right to keep cost down so that not only can stores afford to buy them but also customers wich makes it harder for them to make a profit in the end. With all the amount of plastic that goes not only into the figure but the accessories tryin to keep that price low but reasonable enough for them to make a profit isnt gonna be an easy thing.

Personaly I think if they ditched the 3 head thing and went with interchangealbe mandibles like Hot Toys they could cut down on price a little and not have us go out and buy mutliples of the same figure just to get what we want.

If you really think about it what NECA is doin is trying to make a HT like figure for way cheaper.... Not an easy task by anymeans.

BTW... $50-$60 is the price I'd like to see on them.

Only if they live up to their word on having the Figure with the paint job like their prototype. And also include the new heads.

Then I could see paying $70.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back