NECA E.T. Stunt Puppet

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what do you think?

Well, today is my Birthday :)
I went out for a while before dinner and came home to find E.T. Sitting at our dinner table.
My wife picked him up at FYE for my gift on her way home from work.

Woo hoo!!

I love this. It is really cool... I wish it could be bigger, but for what I want to do with it, the size is kinda perfect.
My goal is to hang it on the wall in a milk crate, and any larger would not fit into a crate.
I kept seeing Neca call say this was "molded from the stunt puppet", and I kept wondering where it was used at this size, then it hit me.... It might have been the one used on the bike. It needed to be smaller.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think it was a blue plaid shirt that was Elliot's.
I have seen some vintage speak n spells on ebay from the early 80's, was there a specific model used in the movie?
Thanks!

I have searched all over for a blue robe plaid at a good size. I opted to use a shirt for my other full size E.T.

Anyone else pick one up?
How about the new smaller one?

I received one of the 12" Neca foam stunt ETs at Christmas.
It is supposedly from the small stunt mold used in miniature shots.
It is pretty cool and I think they sell at under $40, so it is a cheap alternative.
It doesn't compare to life size, but it sits well on a shelf. Last I heard, FYE sold them for $34.99.

Got one for only $225, a classic must own figure for me since it's part of my childhood memories

Gerardo

I have one and it's great my 20 month old daughter loves him. She keeps kissing him and asking for him if he's not in the room.

It's great quality and I highly recommend it.

I'd love to know why it's called the stunt version. Is it definately because it was used in the bicycle scene?

I have one and it's great my 20 month old daughter loves him. She keeps kissing him and asking for him if he's not in the room.

It's great quality and I highly recommend it.

I'd love to know why it's called the stunt version. Is it definately because it was used in the bicycle scene?
It I'd definitely smaller than full size, so I suspect it might be used on the bike.

Alter Ego Comics was selling the ET figure a couple months back for $200.00 US dollars, shipping was $75.00. I have a brief video on my YouTube channel. It's a great piece! I just need the robe and maybe have him holding a beer bottle.

LACrimeGuy

Alter Ego Comics was selling the ET figure a couple months back for $200.00 US dollars, shipping was $75.00. I have a brief video on my YouTube channel. It's a great piece! I just need the robe and maybe have him holding a beer bottle.

LACrimeGuy
Coors Beer can, not bottle ;)
I went with a Speak n Spell in one hand and flower pot in the other.

Coors Beer can, not bottle ;)
I went with a Speak n Spell in one hand and flower pot in the other.

Now that I think about it, I might not go with movie scene. Maybe change it up a bit with kind of like a college fraternity E.T. Maybe a comic book or men's magazine in one pocket and bag of Funyuns in another, sitting at my poker table or at my arcade game coffee table playing Donkey Kong. We'll see what I come up with.

Has anybody found a relitively close child's robe?

I ended up using a msm's small button flannel shirt.
Most robes are too big and long, even at the smallest child size.
You could always buy one and cut it or custom make one.
The shirt works well for me right now :lol

You suuuuuck! This post is worthless without pics!

Here are my two...
One is my vintage childhood HASBRO toy box. This is bigger and pretty much 1:1 in size. I still plan on painting it up realistic.
The other one is my Neca stunt one.
image.jpg
image.jpg

E.T. Stunt Puppet Quick Review (With Photos)

Hi everybody. I just received my E.T. Stunt Puppet yesterday and figured I'd post a couple pictures and my brief initial thoughts on it for anyone who may be interested.

I purchased E.T. through an auction website, as all other online retailers I found were out of stock. It took a while to arrive so I was thrilled to get it. Admittedly I do not have much experience with life-size (or in this case, near-life-size) models, but I do happen to own a 1:1 Dobby from Harry Potter which has always been one of my favorites. Compared to E.T., Dobby seems higher in detail/quality, mainly due to E.T. being one solid piece of foam/rubber.
et1.jpg

The joining marks on E.T. are moderately visible and do detract some from his overall appearance. I find the sculpt to be pleasant and well-balanced but the pull from the mould left some to be desired. There is a spot on his belly where it looks like a piece was ripped out and painted over. Not a big deal, but worth noting. The paint looks awesome (especially considering it was probably done by a 12 year old in China) and I especially like the darker details on the face, neck, and hands. The eyes look sort-of hastily done and the orange-dipped finger was a dumb idea. I find E.T. to be greater than the sum of his parts (er.. details) because when you step back and look at him, the whole thing comes together very well.
ET5.jpgET6.jpg
ET4.jpgET3.jpget2.jpg
Those are a few of my niggles, but I wanted to list them because I think the good definitely outweigh the bad on him. I hope this helps anybody who might be considering purchasing one!

Attachments

• image-10.jpeg
    image-10.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image-11.jpeg
    image-11.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image-12.jpeg
    image-12.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image-14.jpeg
    image-14.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image-15.jpeg
    image-15.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image-13.jpeg
    image-13.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 104
Found a vintage speak and spell, coors can and a close enough robe to add to the figure. It's a lot of fun to customize! I painted over the poorly painted light up effect on his finger too!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 119
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back