NECA BERSERKER AND FALCONER w/mech falcon

encline designs

Hey guys, while I do not have a costume, I have been a big fan of Predator ever since it came out....

I was really looking forward to these NECA PREDATORS! I could not wait to get my airbrush and paints on these guys. I wanted to add a Mech Falcon for Falconer. So I used a Transformer and cut it up! I airbrushed the base and then did some brush work on them.

The "wings are set on a ball joint so they can rotate to become a blade type weapon, and can be removed for spying down peeps!
Critiques and comments welcome.

falconer1.jpg

here is the before

cimg1201.jpg

cimg1276.jpg

falconer8.jpg.png

bersrker1.jpg

berserker3.jpg

berserker4.jpg

berserkeru.jpg

Hey David, you've always been an inspiration to my custom work and a fan of your customs on Transformers figures. But these mate, these are unreal. They are both great. Superb job.
Aspecially Mr Blacks repaint, man! you nailed it. It Looks like a smaller version of the Hot Toys figure thats coming out later this year...

dude you did a great job on that falconer I almost believe it was from neca...until I saw that you said you got it from a TF toy...
and you did a great job on that berserker you need to work for neca dude so we could have good predator figs...

Great job on the repaint!

Yeah NECA Dropped the ball on the paint jobs on these guys. I'm still going to collect these but wishing they looked more like the Concept Model shown at the toy fairs.

Wow! Those are some awesome repaints!

Excellent use of the Transformers' bit. The level of detail and color on the chests and legs is crazy. You wouldn't think that they're only 7-inches tall. Such dramatic changes going from the factory paint to their current state. Totally puts the assembly line paint-job to utter shame. Very cool!! They look screen accurate to me.

Well done, sir!!

Thanks a lot guys!!! This is really giving me the itch to built my own suit...or at least hook up with someone here and paint one up!!!

Hey David, you've always been an inspiration to my custom work and a fan of your customs on Transformers figures. But these mate, these are unreal. They are both great. Superb job.
Aspecially Mr Blacks repaint, man! you nailed it. It Looks like a smaller version of the Hot Toys figure thats coming out later this year...

Ohh cool, you know about my custom Tfs!! Appreciate the love..I have been wanting these figs ever since I saw them..heck, I collected all the Kenner Preds when I was like 10! haha...wow...I can't believe it has been that long. I was not disappointed when I picked them up because I was checking out the sculpts cause I knew he paint would be GONE!!

dude you did a great job on that falconer I almost believe it was from neca...until I saw that you said you got it from a TF toy...
and you did a great job on that berserker you need to work for neca dude so we could have good predator figs...
Thanks man..That Falconer fig is cool. I just so happen to have a the little TF right in front of me instead of in one of my many parts bins...with a few mods it turned out pretty good.

Mind telling us what you did to each and what you used?

Sure..I started by cleaning with hot water and soap. Then did a light cloth wash with non-acetone finger nail polish remover...(gotta be careful, that could melt some figures..been there done that...haha) I disassembled what I could. I based all the "metal" parts with black. I airbrushed the main body colors using Tamiya acrylics. I then went in with some washes and the detail with a regular brush for all the organic parts. I then dry brushed all the metal...

Ohh cool, you know about my custom Tfs!! Appreciate the love..I have been wanting these figs ever since I saw them..heck, I collected all the Kenner Preds when I was like 10! haha...wow...I can't believe it has been that long. I was not disappointed when I picked them up because I was checking out the sculpts cause I knew he paint would be GONE!!

Not a problem man, your TF's are amazing. I will defo use ur pictures of ur custom Mr Black for reference when i paint up my copy.

I found your work so incredible that I had to show to the NECA staff (on twitter) what they could have done with the falcon:

Question:
Sorry bother you again. This guy made a custom bird for the Falconer. Just an idea for what could be done http://bit.ly/9AEV4F =D

Answer:
That's awesome, great work. We don't have good reference on the Falcon still. Do you guys really want the bird?

Reply:
We die for the bird o_O

encline_designs = if only you could also paint my falconer and berserker the way you did to your figs!

Tribal = you did a great job informing neca about their figs and also you should ask them to paint the berserker nextime with a good paint in the body...

More news about the bird from NECA (Randy is talking about how the fans are asking for the falcon):
I am surprised by this since he has all of 5 secs on screen but if you guys really want a bird we'll try to make it happen

Tribal = you did a great job informing neca about their figs and also you should ask them to paint the berserker nextime with a good paint in the body...

Already did:

Question:
Just hope you guys fix the chest paint.

Answer:
working on that now for Series 2. Pushing factory to their limits

Not a problem man, your TF's are amazing. I will defo use ur pictures of ur custom Mr Black for reference when i paint up my copy.

As much as I enjoy painting up TFs...it feels good to work on something "organic"...nice battery charger.
Feel free to!!!

I found your work so incredible that I had to show to the NECA staff (on twitter) what they could have done with the falcon:

Question:
Sorry bother you again. This guy made a custom bird for the Falconer. Just an idea for what could be done http://bit.ly/9AEV4F =D

Answer:
That's awesome, great work. We don't have good reference on the Falcon still. Do you guys really want the bird?

Reply:
We die for the bird o_O

DUDE!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE GUYS FROM NECA SAW MY WORK!!! I would be more than happy to paint some prototypres for them..wink wink..hahah..

encline_designs = if only you could also paint my falconer and berserker the way you did to your figs! :)

haha..well...I did do commissions.....but not much any more. haha.

More news about the bird from NECA (Randy is talking about how the fans are asking for the falcon):
I am surprised by this since he has all of 5 secs on screen but if you guys really want a bird we'll try to make it happen

Already did:

Question:
Just hope you guys fix the chest paint.

Answer:
working on that now for Series 2. Pushing factory to their limits

That is great to hear....these figs are great....Hunter building time!!

About repainting the berserker, I want to know if it is necessary to to paint the base skin tone first, or I can paint the black& red over those ugly dots. Thanks

This work is...simply, amazing. That falconer looks out of this world, HA! see what I did there?

No seriously, wow...makes me want one.

The figures look great. I'll be getting mine in a couple of days via home delivery from Toys R Us. Can I send you my bezerker and falconer? Will you work your magic airbrushing skills on my figures? Also can you make a replica mech falconer for me? A duplicate of yours?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back