NECA 7" Pred License Question

Bizzitty

Hello folks-

Newbie here!!

I love collecting Predator 7" figures and just purchased my first Hot Toys Pred (Berserker) -which I am still waiting on (in the mail right now!! Woo!)

But to the point--I am loving all of NECA's work on the Predators figures, AVPR and now P1 and P2...but I was wondering, will NECA do their take on the AVP preds?

I do have the McFarlane versions - but I'd love NECA to do them as well, Scar, Celtic, CHOPPER ( since McFarlane never made him), and Elder...heck...even the Grid alien and a to scale Alien Queen would be Bad Ass IMHO.

I really loved the look of the Preds in AVP and hope NECA will tackle them too at some point...what do you think? Is it possible? Is it something you would want too?

I know not everyone loved that movie...I thought it was Bad Ass though... :)

ya, can't remember where, but heard that too.

it would however be cool to see AN alien queen, like, from aliens (they already got that license) if they made it to scale with the 7"r's it would be a little shorter than their 18 in. alien (meaning "do-able") but would look AWESOME with a few of her 7" children against some preds in a diorama.... ah one can dream...

AVP has been done By the MacFarlane guys who left to start NECA. So they are the same people.
So its pretty much a "No" on the AVP license which has been done.

AVP has been done By the MacFarlane guys who left to start NECA. So they are the same people.
So its pretty much a "No" on the AVP license which has been done.

Well that sucks...Those AVP's from McFarlane still look nice but an update would be great...OH Well!! I just thought with them hitting on alot of the Pred universe that AVP might be in the picture sometime..

ON a different note...another update that would be nice is if Hot Toys would go back and re-cover some of the Preds they have done with their updated sculpting techniques that are making the Predators figures look so Amazing and lifelike...

Yeah. This will be a cool idea. but Hot toys has pretty much done with the AVP 1 series and I doubt they will release them again with newer body sculpt like berserker. But would be nice if they decided to re-issue them. I'm sure they still have the mold.

@Uratz: It's more the same sculptor from McF. Kyle was telling us on SSF how McFarlane wanted him to sculpt the Predator 2 figure differently, since the movie sculpt was apparently not done well-enough. He's pretty happy to be working at NECA now, getting a chance to pump out fully-accurate figures.

Would be great if NECA did revamp the AVP1 line. McF preds are poorly designed and sculpted by comparison but to be fair, the recent NECA releases have time, technology and community feedback advantages over McF. Still, I'd love to get a Scar or Celtic with NECA's sculpting quality and price.

With Hot Toys, I highly doubt they'd reissue any of their previous products as it'd devalue those already in peoples' collections. Folks with limited edition figs would end up hating Hot Toys for it.

LOL...true...piss off some...but make ALOT of others REALLY happy!

Seeing what they can do with the Preds now makes me want them updated...but I know it won't happen...just a dream...

A dream where all Preds look liked they walked off the movie screen :)

LOL...true...piss off some...but make ALOT of others REALLY happy!

Seeing what they can do with the Preds now makes me want them updated...but I know it won't happen...just a dream...

A dream where all Preds look liked they walked off the movie screen :)

I ALSO REALLY WANT A 7" VERSION OF THE CHOPPER PRED FROM AVP...WE NEVER GOT ONE!

OK...rant completed. Thanks for letting me vent here. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back