NECA 1:4 Scale PREDATOR Figure

sabres21768

BAM!

SABRES...Still the King of updates.

BENSIN...Wannabe

necaBIGPred.jpg

Um, wow.

I wonder if he'll be articulate enough to fit into a car seat and we could go driving around. He would be My Little Pred Buddy.

Why three versions? I would think a swapable head would be cool, or like HT with the mandables.

Any ideas on MSRP, or is this still too early?

damn Sabres, you didn't make me wait too long.

you're the king after all.

now, if the paintjob would be as good as on the picture - but we all know it won't be.

I take it this is the NECA 12-18 incher everyone was wanting?

Three head versions... that SUCKS!!! I can't believe NECA would be so damned greedy that they would sell 3 different versions instead of combining them in a full box set. You have got to be kidding me!!! :D

I take it some people are just never happy and truly believe in their sense of entitlement. ;)

Um, wow.

I wonder if he'll be articulate enough to fit into a car seat and we could go driving around. He would be My Little Pred Buddy.

Why three versions? I would think a swapable head would be cool, or like HT with the mandables.

Any ideas on MSRP, or is this still too early?

Retail will be $80.

Well I gotta say that the small 7 inch figure I have blows me away...the proportions and overall look means that THIS version will be just as bad ass. BUT - why the heck would they make THREE versions instead of offering all three heads in once package for more money???! I understand the concept of a cash cow, but after seeing how Todd McFarlane kept doing that, and now NECA - well I will make a point of NOT buying it. I don't have room for all three, and I wouldn't be able to decide on just one.

Oh and thanks for making sure Bensin knows his place around here and that you are the king of figure updates! j/k Bensin I love ya too!

for $80 im sure that the paint job will be superior like the rest of their 12-18 inchers.......it does suck that that here wont be any interchangeable heads but i remember randy saying awhile back that figures like these are hard to make and may not generate alot of $$$$ in the market so if this figure did come with 3 heads then they'll lose profit.....closed mandibles or open mouth for me :D .....im pretty sure along the way someone on this board will sculpt a custom helmet for this badboy and "share" with us ;)

that is soooo totally awesome!! so glad they went ahead with this, an 18" P1 pred?! **** YES I SAY! my 18" neca alien will finally have a sparring buddy :D(which is also a great fig, and worth the money and shelf space, it's damn daunting in that scale)

i'll probably go for the bio'd version, and later save for the closed mouth to keep MIB... of vise versa i dunno.

this is great news sabes!

From NECA, on Twitter...

"The separate body net was a major goal we wanted to make happen, the detail, the deco, the size. This is the definitive 1987 Predator!
We had this in development so some time and wanted to wait until we knew it was really happening and would be all we wanted it to be.
The original, the classic, the best. It will be packaged fully assembled so it will be a HUGE box and an impressive sight to behold.
Truly a labor of love and one of the largest most intricate figures we have ever made. We know YOU wanted him & we found a way to make it
Retail around $80, Available April 2011. 3 different versions so choose your favorite head or buy 'em all."

I think that's great. The 3 heads is a way that NECA can redeem themselves for making this. They don't make a lot of money on items like this but they are a great company for trying! :D

loving the spinal column trophy on his back, looks like it's going to be a sick figure. I'm a little disappointing as well that they are all separate with different heads, but you can't be too mad about that since hot toys P1 is like $300+ now, and this one is bigger than that.

wasn't one of our own that sculpted this figure? if I remember correctly the guy joined to get as many reference pics and then he showed us the wip pics. I can't find the thread ATM but I would liek to say it was one of our own members that did the sculpt. anyone can chime in on this?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back