NCR Veteran Ranger WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by slipshot139, Feb 15, 2012.

1. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

I have just recently started a new project, an NCR Veteran Ranger from Fallout: New Vegas. I have the chest armour painted and formed already out of EVA foam and sealed with Plasti-Dip but I need some guidance along the lines of securing/strapping it. I have WIP pictures but my computer won't upload for some reason. If I can upload them I will. I need help in finding a cheap and efficient way of making the helmet and mask. SEEING AS I AM SIMULTANEOUSLY DOING TWO SETS! One is going to be a birthday gift for my best friend and one is obviously for me but I really need help. Thanks for looking guys!

2. Snowmageddon

Snowmageddon New Member

I made something along these lines for Halloween this year. I glued suspenders down the shoulders and front to keep it at the right height, and then added a strap under the armpit, one at belt level, and another midway between the two. I'll see if I can find it to take a picture later if you think that would help.

3. slipshot139

slipshot139 New Member

I appreciate the help Snowmageddon. I think I will use that method myself. And I am very sorry for the necropost guys. I do have some more progress on both of my kits so I will post the updated pictures now. The straps have been added on the back (not shoulders) and I am beginning work on the belts next.

I may also need to commission someone to make me two brown dusters using the simplicity pattern. Since I am horrid at sewing and I can't find a brown duster to purchase. So I thought I would employ the expert skills of someone on the forum. PM me if you can help. :D