NCR Ranger sculpted Gas Mask and Helmet

Red Lion

Greetings, I have been sculpting and keeping quiet for a long time now, I just wanted to say hello and show my sculpt and finished parts for your enjoyment.
1320264834.jpg

here is the sculpt

1320264623.jpg

finished pull

1320264723.jpg

close to done

1320264792.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

there it is, built the outfit in a day, still a bit rough, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it. It is made of polyester resin, backed with glass, a nice tight 2 layers, no fan yet, working out the bugs, fogging is an issue, breathing not so much, it is quite easy to breath in this mask. it wraps around your head like a real gas mask over the ears, the helmet is a seprate piece. I made 1 other for a friend who has a larger head, so I threw it in the oven for about 15 min @ 180 degrees Farenheight. and took it out and flared it out to fit his skull and then cooled it with water, BAM!!! fits like a glove. so it really diddnt effect the way it fit with the helmet with the adjustment to the mask.

What did you make the mask out of?

the mask and helmet are tapped of polyester resin and fiberglass, very thin, very strong and light weight, the range finder and camera are cast of acrylic. Antenna, filters, chin greebles-2prt plastic. it is a nice kit to put together. not hard to assemble, easy to paint, lots of room to custom out to personal taste.

1320336112.jpg

when I sculpted it I added alot of texture, I wanted it to feel like a gas mask, it would be nice to run them of rubber, I would just have to core out the mold, I thought about it, maybe for the future...

This is a job well done. I'm on my second play through of New Vegas right now, and I'm really tempted to just raid Camp Golf for this stuff....

If you ever start a run on this, let me know!

This is a job well done. I'm on my second play through of New Vegas right now, and I'm really tempted to just raid Camp Golf for this stuff....

If you ever start a run on this, let me know!

I am gearing up for steel city con, I will have some kits to let go, I have to figure out a assembly manual for the kit, I think it is pretty simple to assemble but I think it would be cool to put together some thing neat and fun to read while putting the thing together. I will abide by the rules of this site, I am new here, but like i said, I am gearing up for a con, an idea for a run count would be nice.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back