NCR Ranger Armor Build

samsalvo64

I recently got myself a 3d printer, and the first thing I wanted to make was something from fallout. I decided on the NCR Ranger helmet from Fallout: New Vegas. I've made some progress, but being 3d printed, it will take quite a bit of time. Here's what I've done so far. I've knocked out the majority of the large, time consuming pieces, so it should be pretty down hill after a couple more 17 hour + prints. I have a duster in my sights, too, so I should be posting more updates soon.

I got my files from the wicked talented Lilykill. Drop him a donation on patreon for his awesome files and/or give him a follow on Instagram or Twitter!

Attachments

• IMG_20190121_125530.jpg
    IMG_20190121_125530.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 729
I recently got myself a 3d printer, and the first thing I wanted to make was something from fallout. I decided on the NCR Ranger helmet from Fallout: New Vegas. I've made some progress, but being 3d printed, it will take quite a bit of time. Here's what I've done so far. I've knocked out the majority of the large, time consuming pieces, so it should be pretty down hill after a couple more 17 hour + prints. I have a duster in my sights, too, so I should be posting more updates soon.

I got my files from the wicked talented Lilykill. Drop him a donation on patreon for his awesome files and/or give him a follow on Instagram or Twitter![/Q
Great progress! Looks a lot better then my ranger seeing that my mask was made of cardboard. When I made my ranger I had a fourum novelties western duster for Halloween and it worked out pretty good. You may want to look into that.

https://www.amazon.com/Forum-Novelties-Cowboy-Costume-Standard/dp/B003IBUZI0

Thank you! I appreciate the advice! I actually have a used Outback oilslick duster in my sights for super cheap. It might have extra flashy buttons and snaps, but it's more stuff to weather

That is a sweet looking print, i also subed recently to LilyKilly to support the guy and get those beautiful files he has, as i already have one helmet i might try printing this one also :)
Also what kind of printer do you use?

OMG that looks so much better than the days i spent doing Pepakura one of these.
Looking forward to seeing your finished work>

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back