NC Potter Wands more on E-bay than direct?!?

Gytheran

Sr Member
Does Noble charge their retailers MSRP for theeir replica wands? Why are they MORE expensive on E-bay than getting them directly from Noble?

I noticed this too and was wondering about it. If you were interested in being a retailer would you really go through with it if you had to pay MSRP? What would be the customers incentive to buy from you when they can go to the source for less? You would be banking on the customer being ignorant of the source. An established retailer might be able to charge more because of customer loyality from an existing clientel, but that's only going to go so far. I'm at a loss for another explination though, because the vast majority of the available auctions are above MSRP.

Any else have a theory?

My theory is that your average eBay person doesn't know about the existance of Noble as a buy-direct company. I bought a Hermione wand for a friend and she had no idea I could order it directly.
tif

I used to be a retailer for Noble...

Their pricing for retailers can be hit or miss when it comes to any kind of price discount. It all depends on what you're ordering. I remember having pretty good discounts on some swords that we used to get through them, and then having to pay pretty close to or right at retail for any Civil War pieces they had.... but I do find it wierd that people on Ebay charge double usually for something any Joe Shmoe can order directly from NC..... :unsure

Noble doesn't currently offer any kind of wholesale pricing on anything other than the LOTR jewelry. :(

Originally posted by Swedolorian@Mar 10 2006, 12:58 AM
NC doesn't ship to Europe...
That can be one reason.
[snapback]1202585[/snapback]​

NC.co.uk does... although they don't offer any kind of warranty/insurance.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back