"Nbehling's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry" Thor The dark world

nbehling

Here is my entry for The 2013 Costume Contest. First off, Every body on the RPF has been so helpful and supportive when it comes to my budding costume work. Hopefully I will have this made from eva foam by halloween.

I plan on modifying a disguise Thor hammer for my Mjölnir.

I am going sleeveless. I know during battle he has his scale armor but I feel it's to hard to perfect.

I really wanted to make a suit that has not been done a thousand times already so I picked a movie that is not out yet. I know it won't be %100 movie accurate but I wanted to have a little bit of creative freedom.

I made the template from some set photos that I google searched. Please use it as you see fit. Just let know know if you do so I can follow your work. I also have a PDF that is workable in Illustrator if need be.

nbehling thor tabloid.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Thor The dark world (updates)

Well since I put that template up I have been working like a madman. I am currently finishing two Dark Knights for my friends and a Wonder Woman For my wife.

Needless to say my own costume got a back seat. Last night I started working like crazy. Here are my progress photos.
photo-12.jpgphoto-32.jpgphoto-1-copy.jpgphoto-5-copy.jpgphoto-2.jpg

Here is the dark knight build I was talking about.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/three-dark-knights-halloween-pic-heavy-194278/ )

Here is Wonder Woman.
http://www.therpf.com/f67/injustice-wonder-woman-198034/

I had no clue expanding foam could be so powerful. It Cracked a hole in my hammer and made my handle go crooked. I cant get the handle out without destroying the hammer head. I am going to have to paint the head because a bunch of foam covered it and made it gross. I will post pictures later.

Tomorrow is the big day. That means tonight there isn't going to be much sleep. I made scale armor on the side of pleather pants by using pin striping to make the pattern. One side was better than the other so I distressed both sides and made it even.

Mjölnir was a bit of a catastrophe but ended up turning out. I had a few happy accidents (thanks Bob Ross). I was able to straighten the handle. I started sanding off the excess expanding foam and I liked the finish. So instead of painting it I sanded the whole thing and left it. I know the handle is not movie accurate but I really feel like each hammer should be unique to whoever possess it.

I hope you enjoy the update.
Photo on 2013-10-25 at 23.14.jpgPhoto on 2013-10-25 at 23.15.jpgPhoto on 2013-10-25 at 23.16.jpgPhoto on 2013-10-25 at 23.17 #2.jpg

Well. I managed to finish Thor before the first Halloween party. It was tough. I also made the Dark knight and WW in the photos so time was limited on my build. I really made it in about three nights of work. Unfortunately it was already dark outside and at the party. I promise to get better detailed shots next week before I go out.

Everybody knew I was Thor but it was pretty special when a few people noticed that I was "Thor the Dark World" version. I wish the bronzing on the silver parts showed up in the photos but the silver has a bit of shine and the flash really reflects off of it.

photo-4.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto-3.jpgphoto 5.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back