NBC Constantine Costume

Might be able to try and look into one of London Fog's styles. If you want to spend even less, look at thrift stores and the like, as I come across them every once in a while.

Re: NBC Constantine coat help

Found what looks to be the same coat as in the promotional shot, but it is too short to be the same coat in the first photos released.Two coats? REF:
constantine_pilot1.jpgconstantine_group.jpgCONSTANTINE-First-Official-Image1.jpgburberry-khaki-single-breasted-rain-trench-coat-product-1-9681853-805303661_large_flex.jpegburberry-khaki-single-breasted-rain-trench-coat-product-4-9681853-805344572_large_flex.jpeg

Last edited:

Having watched the trailer now, that is definitely the coat; a Burberry Mid-Length Cotton Garbadine Trench Coat with a modified collar to match the overall coat fabric.[/h]Given that the base coat retails for about US$1,695, start looking for alternatives :S

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

UPDATE: Seems to be the same coat.

Attachments

• constantine.png
    constantine.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Thinking of putting this together for Halloween as a quick n dirty pub-safe costume. Have to practice my Welsh accent first though.
I found this trench on eBay.
MCOAT004-09.jpgMCOAT004-11.jpg
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fashion-N..._Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item258071e41c
It's the right colour, length, has the right style of buttons and most importantly, dirt cheap. Only bits that would seem to need modifying is the flaps on the chest and the buckle on the collar.

Last edited:
Also, regarding the business cards...
constantinebusinessoriginal.jpg

I used a screenshot to recreate it in Photoshop. You can print them off. Option 1 has a textured pattern included, while option 2 is plain in case you want to print it onto textured card.
constantinebusiness.jpgconstantinebusiness2.png

Just remember to scribble out master and put 'petty dabbler'.

Nice find Jesuit, That'll be pretty close after some modifying. Anyone have a shot of the Back of the coat from the trailer or promo pictures?

Little late to the game, but hopefully this helps someone out.

Not that anyone hasn't already put this together. But just to confirm. It IS a Burberry. About mid-Thigh length... I don't know the exact model, but could definitely point it out if I saw it. The Collar was modified and the lining was replaced with something they sourced in the LA garment district.

I wasn't present for the pilot, but did serve as tailor on the reshoots and the preceeding two episodes.

Also, regarding the business cards...
View attachment 351300

I used a screenshot to recreate it in Photoshop. You can print them off. Option 1 has a textured pattern included, while option 2 is plain in case you want to print it onto textured card.
View attachment 351308View attachment 351309

Just remember to scribble out master and put 'petty dabbler'.

Actually, they gave some of these out at SDCC. I have one and can get the exact measurements and stuff for it (I would scan mine, but some ink or something must've gotten onto it after I left San Diego)

Do we know the make for the shirt and tie?

His shirts are made by Anto, a custom shirt maker out of LA. The tie I want to say was Kenneth Cole... Something very pedestrian.

Note that he will be getting a wardrobe change soon. If the show gets picked up for a full run, a new custom trench, and sleeker look will shortly follow.

I'm told they're trying to work the new coat in to the last episode...

I think holding out for a second season is wishful thinking though. They didn't even want the second half of season 1.

Stranger things have happened on the notoriously picky NBC... Look at Chuck's run.

Of course, Chuck was brilliantly written... Constantine is kind of bad. I really wanted it to be good. I worked on it, and left a friend working in my place. But it's looking like my decision to return to the Originals was the right one. I still have a job.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back