NBC Chuck- Intersect Cube Display WIP

CPTRogers

Sr Member
A customer came to me and asked me to make them a Intersect Cube Display from the TV show Chuck. I personally never heard of it. I was given 1 picture and I ran with it. I commissioned santiclause to 3D model and print the cap and base. The rest I did myself. The cap and base is being painted right now. Im going to do an aluminum paint. Its not 100% accurate size wise because she wanted my remote cube which is bigger than the actual prop cube, so I had to adjust the size of the container. Its a work in progress but this is where im at now. If your a Chuck fan or if you have seen this prop, let me know what you think.

icm_fullxfull.65590931_3u395y1vuyg4ogss4wo4.jpg icm_fullxfull.65590961_5mp3manhlugwokcgg0sk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I had the cube made for me a few years back, to my specifications, but it turned out slightly too large - never got as far as doing a corrected size version.

I can't see them in either of your pictures, but does your cube have the engraved lines on all of the faces? Should look kind of like a Rubik's cube. You can faintly make out the lines in this image:

FDDF6H7G5FRGD3T.LARGE.jpg

Cool. I had the cube made for me a few years back, to my specifications, but it turned out slightly too large - never got as far as doing a corrected size version.

I can't see them in either of your pictures, but does your cube have the engraved lines on all of the faces? Should look kind of like a Rubik's cube. You can faintly make out the lines in this image:

http://cdn.instructables.com/FDD/F6H7/G5FRGD3T/FDDF6H7G5FRGD3T.LARGE.jpg

I didnt notice them until you pointed them out. Thanks. The customer never mentioned them. Do they only go one way? or do they go both ways?

Yeah, looks better, but still a little too 2D. They should be approx 2mm deep V-angle cut lines put in with a router (they were on the original anyway).

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back