NBC Chuck- Intersect Cube Display WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by CPTRogers, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CPTRogers

CPTRogers Well-Known Member

A customer came to me and asked me to make them a Intersect Cube Display from the TV show Chuck. I personally never heard of it. I was given 1 picture and I ran with it. I commissioned santiclause to 3D model and print the cap and base. The rest I did myself. The cap and base is being painted right now. Im going to do an aluminum paint. Its not 100% accurate size wise because she wanted my remote cube which is bigger than the actual prop cube, so I had to adjust the size of the container. Its a work in progress but this is where im at now. If your a Chuck fan or if you have seen this prop, let me know what you think.

icm_fullxfull.65590931_3u395y1vuyg4ogss4wo4.jpg icm_fullxfull.65590961_5mp3manhlugwokcgg0sk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

Dude that looks sick!, lol I want one. I've never seen the show, but that looks like a cool prop.

3. Howlrunner

Howlrunner Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Cool. I had the cube made for me a few years back, to my specifications, but it turned out slightly too large - never got as far as doing a corrected size version.

I can't see them in either of your pictures, but does your cube have the engraved lines on all of the faces? Should look kind of like a Rubik's cube. You can faintly make out the lines in this image:

[​IMG]

4. CPTRogers

I didnt notice them until you pointed them out. Thanks. The customer never mentioned them. Do they only go one way? or do they go both ways?

5. CPTRogers

I added the lines

Attached Files:

6. Howlrunner

Howlrunner Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah, looks better, but still a little too 2D. They should be approx 2mm deep V-angle cut lines put in with a router (they were on the original anyway).

7. CPTRogers

All done

IMG_6681.JPG IMG_6675.JPG IMG_6689.JPG

8. santiclause

santiclause Sr Member

man that's awesome.