Natti's budget suit WIP

Natti

Hello fellow hunters! I thought it was a good time to put up a WIP just so I can show off what I have been working on. This is my first time ever making anything close to this so I thought I would start with a budget suit for 2009 and work my way up to a better suit for 2010. I want to thank all the awesome, talented, and helpful people on this forum. If it was not for them I would not have a clue as to what I was doing. First off I started on a plasma caster. I made it using foamies, pipe insulation foam, and a Pringels can. It cost me a little under 8 dollars American once it was done and here it is.

11-09-08_1251.jpg

12-04-08_1936.jpg

Pringels can is so I can pop off the side of the caster and in there I will house a light that will flash out of the caster.

12-04-08_1938.jpg

Here is the caster next to a Armaflex dred I was working on.

12-04-08_1946.jpg

Next I stared on a shoulder bell (thx to vin manmac for the armor templates). This is it with primer paint on it.

bell.jpg

The bell cost me 3 dollars in foamies and foam that my work was trashing.

Well more to come and any feed back is greatly welcome.

cheers!
Natti

I am glad that somebody else is attempting the armaflex dreds. All looks good and keep up the quality work

Some more of what I have been working on.

Rubies mask I got on ebay for 30 bucks.

DSCN2182.jpg

and these are what my gauntlet blades will look like(thx to mumbaki).

DSCN2183.jpg

and I started on my med pack (will add more to this)

DSCN2180.jpg

med pack was 5 dollars to make used foamies and some foam my work was getting rid of.

more to come

Natti

very cool! i like the cannon and are you going to mod the rubies mask? also the templates that you have, any chance of getting a copy or is there one here on the lair?

Upper armor (im going to do alot more to this and then paint it gun metal grey not silver) this was made from foamies and a 5 dollar foam camping mat I got from Walmart and wireloom from HomeDepot.

DSCN2185.jpg

Natti

I like how you set up that torso armor. With kinda a P1 feel. I've been trying to figure out the problem about how to connect the breast plate with the rest of the suit. I tried belts but you solved it by making it a one piece (more or less). NICE!

Just messing around ................ One of my friends was like put on your predator suit(or what I kind of have right now) and I put it on and she took my picture. The muscle suit and monster glove were from a costume I did last year.

IMAGE_086.jpg

Here is a update, well I'm slowly getting there with my budget suit.

DSCN2268.jpg

DSCN2270.jpg

DSCN2264.jpg

More to come and thanks to everyone for the guidance and feedback!

I'll be damned!!! On comes a guy from Tampa, and what do I see first in his pics?? A bottle of Schneider Weisse... fuckin best beer in the world, right from home. How'd you get that in Tampa?? Well, cheers, I say!

Nice work on the suit so far!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back