National Treasure Pipe REAL Meerschaum!!!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by sudzbuddy6, Jun 25, 2015.

1. sudzbuddy6

sudzbuddy6 New Member

I've been looking around for years to find a real meerschaum National Treasure pipe to no avail. So I finally broke down and commissioned one. Before the purist have a fit, yes, it's not identical to the original. But keep in mind, this is REAL meerschaum, hand carved, and extremely fragile. The stone itself was expensive and therefore, the handling required a few exceptions in the forming of the figures, towers, and rider... No margin for error (or oops) on this one while carving. And yes, the riddle is on the barrel...

IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0284.JPG If anyone out there knows of another real meerschaum of this pipe, I'd love to see it.

Shataan likes this.
  2. imnotahero

imnotahero Active Member

Gorgeous piece.

3. sudzbuddy6

sudzbuddy6 New Member

Thx, I was stoked when I opened it today. Took 2 months to carve. And this thing is huge. Probably 33% larger than the movie prop. 14 1/2 inches long. I'm looking to get the box made for it next...

4. Jintosh

Jintosh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I like it when someone goes the extra mile for authenticity. Great dedication.

5. sudzbuddy6

sudzbuddy6 New Member

Thx. I was hoping to have the riddle on the barrel carved in the style of the movie prop but it proved to be impossible in real stone. So had to settle for the riddle etched instead. But still very happy with it...

6. sudzbuddy6

sudzbuddy6 New Member

Anyone happen to know someone who still makes boxes for this pipe?

7. KramStaar

KramStaar Sr Member

Absolutely stunning work!

Cheers for sharing..

8. sudzbuddy6

sudzbuddy6 New Member

Thx. Just got this yesterday so I'm still in awe of it myself...

9. parfaitelumiere

parfaitelumiere Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello,
    I would like to know where to find real meerschaum and the priginal prop hi res picture to carve one myself.