National Treasure Meerschaum Pipe!

RelicMaker

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,
This is for all of you that enjoyed the props of the movie "National Treasure" as much as I did.
I just thought I would post a progress pic of what I'm working on right now. It's turning out so well so far, that I thought you guys might want to see. I still have a lot of work to do on it, as well as the inscription scroll part, and the stem. Plus, I plan on doing the box they found the pipe in. So, I will be doing a sculpt of the top of the box as well.
I hope you like what you see so far.

-Brenton

[attachmentid=7729]

[attachmentid=7730]

[attachmentid=7731]

Last edited:
OMFG.

Man I LOVE that movie...

dammit...I'm pretending I never saw this....when's the interest list happening......no noI'm walking away.....I WANT ONE....doh.

man, that's awesome

Looks good so far. I don't know if it is the camera angle or what not but the bowl looks a bit small around. I know this is in its early stages and would be a good time if you wanted to correct it before you added too much detail.
I can definately tell you are working from good reference shots as the knight is coming along quite well.
I will keep a close eye on this thread too. I really love this prop.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(E2K13 @ Apr 20 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]1229770[/snapback]</div>
Looks good so far. I don't know if it is the camera angle or what not but the bowl looks a bit small around. I know this is in its early stages and would be a good time if you wanted to correct it before you added too much detail.
I can definately tell you are working from good reference shots as the knight is coming along quite well.
I will keep a close eye on this thread too. I really love this prop.
[/b]

It's the angle of the camera shot. The bowl is pretty big around. I've added a couple more pics to give a better view.
Thanks,
Brenton

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muttley @ Apr 20 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]1229765[/snapback]</div>
OMFG.

Man I LOVE that movie...

dammit...I'm pretending I never saw this....when's the interest list happening......no noI'm walking away.....I WANT ONE....doh.

man, that's awesome
[/b]

Thanks Muttley,
An interest list won't be starting for a while. Like I said, I still have a lot of work to do on it, as well as the wood box it's stored in.

that is so awesome. You should make the peice of paper he rolled the pipe on with the riddle to go with it. Looking great so far, keep up the good work. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthCalibar @ Apr 20 2006, 08:04 PM) [snapback]1229943[/snapback]</div>
that is so awesome. You should make the peice of paper he rolled the pipe on with the riddle to go with it. Looking great so far, keep up the good work. :D
[/b]

When this prop is all done, it will include of course the wooden box, and a couple of extras, such as the "The Secret Lies With Charlotte" paper and maybe the notebook he rolled the riddled inscription of blood down on.
I'm going to try my best in making the inscription part of the pipe as functional and accurate as possible. So, if you ever feel the need to cut open your finger and rub in on the scroll to read the riddle, it will look exactly as it did in the movie.

I know the original prop was comprised of 6 moulds.
Thanks for the updated pix. I think the progress is coming along really well. I have seen some bad ones popping up on eBay that never gave the pipe justice but you are definately off to a good start.

Just an aside, would this guy be of any help?

http://www.kazimpipe.net/

His shop is just outside the front gate of Incirlik Air Base in southern Turkey, and I've bought quite a few pieces from him over the years. He has twenty or so artists on staff, and does great work in Meerschaum. I know Meerschaum wouldn't be screen-authentic, but...

:)

Alex

Someone in Los Angeles is making a run of 50 of these. You see them on ebay now and again. Expensive little bugger though.

ntbox.jpg

-Mike

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripoli @ Apr 22 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1231401[/snapback]</div>
Someone in Los Angeles is making a run of 50 of these. You see them on ebay now and again. Expensive little bugger though.
[/b]

If it is the guy that is selling one right now on eBay, it is really inacurate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wakal @ Apr 22 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]1231208[/snapback]</div>
Just an aside, would this guy be of any help?

http://www.kazimpipe.net/

His shop is just outside the front gate of Incirlik Air Base in southern Turkey, and I've bought quite a few pieces from him over the years. He has twenty or so artists on staff, and does great work in Meerschaum. I know Meerschaum wouldn't be screen-authentic, but...

:)

Alex
[/b]

That would be awesome to have a real one that you could actually smoke.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back