Done / Completed National Treasure Book of Secrets Olmec Planks $170 SHIPPED

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all! With the announcement of a new film in the works, I’ve been fielding quite a few PMs (and two sales) here and elsewhere about these old friends, and figured I’d post and gauge interest.
You know ‘em, you love ‘em! This pair of planks features faithfully recreated Olmec glyphs that tell of the way to the ancient city of gold, Cibola. Cast in resin and rigid foam, then finished in sealed flat acrylics, these feel like, and even sound like dried out old wood. The White House version, thought destroyed, still features burn marks and carbon scoring from the Oval Office fireplace.

Thank You RPF!
ADE64AF9-F894-456A-88DB-341E0DED44BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, Hotshot
Purchased a pair of Planks just a few years back, but I never received the stands , first PM, you forgot then the rest of the PM’s ,never responsed!! So how about making good on the stands ,I’ll appreciate it..

When I bought the planks years ago, the stands were also not included (so that's also why I asked about the stands, to see what we were talking about), but there is a local store here that offers these for only a few euro's, so I'm fine. Good idea to display them like this, BTW... For people that also bought the planks years ago: look on eBay for wooden plate stand and you'll easily find some for a few bucks...

I have my planks in storage right now, but did you upgrade these in some way, or are it the same planks (from the same molds) as before? If there are "upgrades", I might be in for a set. Maybe I should just get them out and compare to the pics here... ;)

You know, put me down for an extra set anyway... I have a display at home and one at work, and I guess my place at work can also use one of these to be displayed with my Book of Secrets ;-).

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Since it has been awhile since I've done a run/interest thread, I've been poking around the forum and seeing that a few folk do things a bit differently. And since my life has slowed down nicely and studio space has expanded I think it would be perfectly executable to make this and 'on-going' run so anyone can buy anytime they like. I keep a pretty stock of supplies now, as I'm always making something.

This also means we can do a bit of a price reduction and make this a bit more fun.

So I'll alter this a bit in the first post and we'll move forward on these so everyone gets one :)

Thanks gang!!

Is there a set time frame on this, probably the only item I don't have for this collection, I'd possibly do an unfinished set, depending on when things need to be settled up, just finishing a costume and droid.

I think it'll be a whenever you're ready to order one kinda thing. Much more relaxed. No real time frame. I'll PM everyone with info and let everyone order when they're ready. :)

Moving forward with this after a short delay due to losing a pet last weekend :(
Such is life. . .

Look for my pM everyone, and feel free to order at your leisure!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back