narin ulternative hunter,finished

michaelholt1

This is my narin uh kit and its finished paint job,hope you like.

6.jpg

1.jpg

11.jpg

3.jpg

10.jpg

2.jpg

could use some advice on quills for a kit this size?
i thought about painting them on but if theres some thing i could use to make nice real looking quills that would look much better.

to make quills could you not use a hot glue gun, and paint them up? you would have to find or make a really fine tip for it or even into a syringe and squeeze out the size you would want.

You can't beat porcupine quills. Just use the finest bit you've got got to make the holes, during the clean up pro ess. Then paint em black when you're doing finishing details. I'm adding a lot of quills to my Hellbreed, so you'll get an idea of what they'll look like.

Or you could check out one of the hundreds of kits Joe D has used them on... :/

You can't beat porcupine quills. Just use the finest bit you've got got to make the holes, during the clean up pro ess. Then paint em black when you're doing finishing details. I'm adding a lot of quills to my Hellbreed, so you'll get an idea of what they'll look like.

Or you could check out one of the hundreds of kits Joe D has used them on... :/
This is very, VERY well done. I really dig what you did with the patterns and what not.

Where would you get porcupine quills? I am sure they come from the actual animal ( ;) ) but do you order them online or what? Just curious.

I ordered mine from a really fantastic seller on eBay, although I can't remember the name. I bought around 400 quills for $5 or so, and she threw in a bunch extra just for ordering so many. Really awesome.

I prefer using the quills because they're "quick" and all ready to be used without any sort of prep. They may just need a bit of paint once glued in, since they may not be solid black, but that's minimal. The only problem is using tweezers try to glue them in, it gets to be a monumental pain in the ass, and quite frankly I hate doing it, but the results speak for themselves. As far as I know, it's exactly what Joe Dunaway does, and almost whatever Joe does looks great.

Great work on the piece! I love the custom base you did and the shine on the outside edge looks great. Nice work!

hi i just got my alternative hunter wanted to know what you used for a primer before starting your paint up? thanks mike

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back