Narin Alternative Hunter Wip

xander2323

I got the Alt Hunter for Christmas and have spent a long time prepping it. I have pinned the whole thing with magnets so there is no glue used at all.

I'm painting it one piece at a time. I've started on the torso and am about half way through. Quite a lot more work on this piece alone but I thought make a thread to show a few pics.

ec6d63df.jpg
5a2f4e69.jpg
fb8c6ede.jpg
d683a5eb.jpg
d29c0a8c.jpg
72262397.jpg
46a3bb97.jpg
93c18875.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments folks. When I've done more I'll post new pics.

Wolverenz - I use Games Workshop paints for my hand painting and Vallejo Air paints for airbrushing base coats / primer / gradients etc.

GW paints are great for things like bone and teeth - I used Bleached Bone as the base colour, then Gryphonne Sepia for the wash - and since the photo was taken I have drybrushed the highlights in more bleached bone and then the highest points in white. Here is a slightly more up to date pic so you can see a bit more of the bone:

9abf4b38.jpg

The only thing I would add is that Games Workshop have just revamped all their paints - by adding hundreds more colours and types of paint and changing all the names. Now instead of:

Bleached Bone Base-> Gryphonne Sepia Wash - > Bleached Bone Drybrush - > White Drybrush

you would need to do:

Ushabti Bone Base - > Seraphim Sepia Wash - > Screaming Skull Drybrush - > Terminatus Stone Drybrush (special dry paint) - > Longbeard Grey Drybrush (special dry paint) - also can add line highlights in white as last step.

Hope this helps!

This is sure to come out excellent I am quite sure.

Please do keep us posted with the progress pics. I love seeing these things come to life.

Thanks for the nice comments folks. When I've done more I'll post new pics.

Wolverenz - I use Games Workshop paints for my hand painting and Vallejo Air paints for airbrushing base coats / primer / gradients etc.

GW paints are great for things like bone and teeth - I used Bleached Bone as the base colour, then Gryphonne Sepia for the wash - and since the photo was taken I have drybrushed the highlights in more bleached bone and then the highest points in white. Here is a slightly more up to date pic so you can see a bit more of the bone:

9abf4b38.jpg

The only thing I would add is that Games Workshop have just revamped all their paints - by adding hundreds more colours and types of paint and changing all the names. Now instead of:

Bleached Bone Base-> Gryphonne Sepia Wash - > Bleached Bone Drybrush - > White Drybrush

you would need to do:

Ushabti Bone Base - > Seraphim Sepia Wash - > Screaming Skull Drybrush - > Terminatus Stone Drybrush (special dry paint) - > Longbeard Grey Drybrush (special dry paint) - also can add line highlights in white as last step.

Hope this helps!

awesome, this is a huge help. I appreciate it man. thanks!

maybe give the skin a wash of future floor afterwards to make it look wet/slimey reptilian type, looks crazy so far bro!, updates man!!,lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back