Narin Alternative hunter WIP

I am getting ready to assemble my Alternative Hunter and was thinking of pegging it. Now, I am definitely doing the magnets after watching your video. Could you please go over how to do the magnets in the legs again. I have to read the steps and then watch the video. I learn things in a wierd way.

Sure no problem

What i did was drill the hole for the the magnets in the shin part of the legs, glue or epoxy into place.

let sit over nite to ensure the glue has fully cured, now what i did because the pegs on the torso part were a little short so it left to much of a gap

i used a piece of saran wrap and used as barrier between the two magnets, kinda eyeballed how much aves apoxy sculpt to use and packed in around the magnet on both legs then pressed the peggs of torso in the holes, i made sure to wiggle and even had to remove a little apoxy to it would sit flush.
again let sit for a good 24 hours, if you used the saran wrap right as a barrier the whole thing should pop off and magnets are perfectly aligned

i hope this helps if you like i can make a video showing the process, just let me know as i have had several people ask on tube. im a visual person myself, if i can make time im going to start making reviews and build vids of resin kits as there really isnt that much out there.

Thanks for the instructions man. Like you, I need to see it done. If you have the time, I would love a video of the process. I ordered my magnets today and they will arrive on Monday. Thanks again and I am looking forward to attempting this.

I had a go at adding the magnets to my Alternative Hunter last night. Those magnets are awesome. Had a couple mishaps that will require some fixing. For one, the seran wrap tore and the apoxy sculpt leaked through. To my suprise, the arm was attached to body this morning. Pissed about that. I will have to dremel that crap out tonight. I also have to go and sand down a couple spots where too much Apoxy sculpt was added. All other parts attached just fine. The only other problem that I had was with the spear. One peg broke off while adjusting it and ended up gluing it together. Once that was done, I noticed that the magnet I used to attach the hand was not strong enough to hold the whole spear. May add another magnet. Haven't been at the work bench for some time so it ended up being a lot of trial and error. All in all, this was a fun process and I cannot thank Gunplameister enough for sharing it. Very cool! Hope to be painting at my airbrush station soon.

Very cool
I have been busy with work but I'm gonna try my damnedest to make a vid and post this weekend.

You know I started using magnets because with anime kits to look good they need to be painted in sections, and I can't pin a piece and get the holes to line up to save my life lol.

If, for example, I wanted to add a magnet to the legs, and put a magnet into the keyed "pegs" at the base of the knees, would the magnet itself have to be COMPLETELY covered over in apoxy sculpt/whatever I'm using? Or can the actual magnet be showing? The same goes for the female keyed joint in the lower leg portions: does the magnet have to be completely covered over? Thanks! Just want to try and clarify...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back