Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

Guys,

I think I've got another of the missing parts from the underside bay.
It's from the Monogram D.K.M. Tirpitz kit (or the Monogram Bismarck, as the two kits are identical as far as I know).

Hopefully another bit down :)

Keith

Attachments

• Monogram_Tirpitz_part.jpg
    Monogram_Tirpitz_part.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 195
BINGO!!! Nice find!

Guys,

I think I've got another of the missing parts from the underside bay.
It's from the Monogram D.K.M. Tirpitz kit (or the Monogram Bismarck, as the two kits are identical as far as I know).

Hopefully another bit down :)

Keith

"Final" version of the decal artwork is done, until I change it again :) It's currently only version 107!
IMG_7323.jpg
Replaced the Eagle, stretched one of the large 'E1's so it'll be the same same after it's placed on the styrene panels, tweaked some colours, and added a few more duplicates of the important ones for safety.
Price to be confirmed, but they will be available as soon as the kits start shipping.
L

There's one decal that everyone HAS TO PUT ON. Failure to comply will result in Death and you will only have yourselves to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent Keith... Nice find. We are seriously down to a few parts now.

I should point out that MoffEaton provided the base Joltin' Josie art for the Nose Art, Jedimaster found the (we think) correct BF-109, Nwerke and Woodlake checked them more than once on the model itself. And others that I'm forgetting right now helped either with pointers or corrections.

I am still looking to find the origin of the text to the left and along the bottom of this:
UnknownDecals.png

Sorry guys I ended up being flat chat all of last week on non-modelling stuff, and most of the weekend too. I've been setting up moulds but haven't been able to pour rubber; that'll change tonight as I have two more ready to go and others just needing an answer from someone on a couple of nitpicky questions (SIMON WHERE ARE YOU LOL).

Claying up some pieces for moulds can end up as a minor artwork in themselves, haha. I spent most of last night nudging Kleen Klay around with toothpicks...in this weather it's pretty much like sculpting with Vaseline. :lol

My own model isn't ready for more kit parts just yet as I still have a lot of puttying and sanding to do, but I hope to get parts to Paul soon - his is ready and begging for parts and should make for some very pretty update pics. Or I might pull my finger out in the nick of time and have mine show-off-able too, who knows. Near miracles happen sometimes, lol.

Oh my god Lee, those look incredible.

I've messed with things a bit more since last measuring against the model, I'll print off another copy just in case and fit them up tonight.

New nose engines are looking great! Honestly can't see the difference in the nose from that angle, but I'm sure it's better :)

L

Nice work as always Martyn :thumbsup

Honestly can't see the difference in the nose from that angle, but I'm sure it's better :)

L
That's exactly the thing Lee - it looks the same, but it's only when you compare it to the kit parts that it becomes apparent that it needed to be a touch longer. In fact, that's why it is so important we test fit all the kit parts before we commit to it being "finished".

It's over 10mm longer and you really see it in plan view and isometric views where the front inside of the "trench" is visible along with the kit parts. I'll post comparos with the old one at some point.

The new E1 decal fits the upper forward hull plating nicely, btw.

Simon the rectangular piece isn't SAM2 chassis but that might be a good sub possibly, if you can't nail it?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back