N7:Armour Templates/Patterns & Prop Codex

Re: N7:Armour Templates/Patterns & Prop Codex

sorry for bumping this old thread but thx my dude

- - - Updated - - -

whoops link doesn't works

Narayas_armory_header_julianbeek_nl.jpg

Is your home world being invaded by Reapers? Has Sovereign husked up your friends? Join the Systems Alliance Military today, and take Earth back! Due to the War effort on Earth, new recruits are required to self assemble their gear. Download your templates from the extranet here.

--Narayas

Narayas_armory_julianbeek_nl.jpg
i know its been yeeeeaaars but any chance i could get help? i have the files (thank you VERY much btw!) but im an ass as far as scaling comes into play, could you lay out how to scale those pieces as if you were talking to a neanderthal? i have photoshop and all i just want to make sure their the right size before i go printing! Again i know this is an old thread but any help would be greatfully appreciated! Thanks

i know its been yeeeeaaars but any chance i could get help? i have the files (thank you VERY much btw!) but im an ass as far as scaling comes into play, could you lay out how to scale those pieces as if you were talking to a neanderthal? i have photoshop and all i just want to make sure their the right size before i go printing! Again i know this is an old thread but any help would be greatfully appreciated! Thanks

An earlier poster put instructions:

I'm seeing a lot of questions on this, so I figure I'll recap for anyone unfamiliar.

If you are familiar with photoshop, this is a fairly straightforward process. Looking forward to actually doing it.

Make sure you are viewing the rulers in photoshop. The actual photoshop rulers. (Click View -> Rulers).

After you take your measurements and calculate for the EVA foam thickness (in the codex), expand the BLACK measurement bars that are provided to the correct length using the photoshop rulers.

Then move your black rulers to the center of the image so the top arrow lines up with the top of your measurement bar. LOCK your measurement bars in place (in the layer sidebar) so they do not resize. Click any other layer in the image (so the armor is highlighted).

Then resize/transform the armor layers. they should all be linked, so they'll shift and resize together as one. once the top and bottom arrows are perfectly aligned with your measurement bar, hit enter (securing the vertical) and then transform again and align the horizontal arrows. Once this is done, your armor is now resized.

So now what? Now, go ahead and hide the measurement bars. You're done with sizing.

To get a clear print, you'll want to rasterize each layer. You can multi-click (ctrl+click) each layer in the side bar, then right-click and select rasterize layers.

Unlink each layer. Because as foam pep works, each layer is a piece of the foam you'll print and cut out. (Look at an individual layer and a complete suit of armor and you'll see it. The foam is stacked in different shapes to give the n7 armor its look - each of these layers is now sized and scaled to the size of your armor piece.

The file N7_platform (A4 or Letter sized, depending on what you use) is basically a blank canvas, sized for one sheet of printer paper. Drag each (or multiple) layers onto this ensuring they do not overlap.The more you can fit on a page, the less paper/ink you'll use.

Print it and use it as the template for your foam.

Hope this helps. Good luck, troops

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back