N7: Armour build

Morgenes... Aside from the size your helmet really looks great! Maybe you can find someone with a smaller head who would want to take it off your hands? Looking forward to seeing your new build progress. Hope to be doing EL wire on mine by next weekend.

Well the top is on and the electronics added. I do wish I had saved a bit more room in the back for the battery pack, but the weight of it pulls the front of the helmet up... so being a snug fit against my chin helps hold the helmet in place. All that is left to do is add the "N7" logos on the sides and figure out if I'm going to add a visor to the front. I bought the materials to do it... just not sure if it will come out the way I want it to. May also replace the black side pieces so they come a bit farther forward.

Very nice. Love the glow. My progress was not very exciting. I have templates resized and cut and foam cut. I ended up scaling up 40mm in height. I figured I could always add foam to pad the inside if needed. I'd post the pic, but it's just rough foam on a cutting mat. This time I will be detailing before assembly. Hopefully that will help and allow me to replace easily if I mess up details, and not have to remove the piece before starting over on it. I was just so excited to put it together that I couldn't wait to deal with things like details.

Im new to the whole the foam building thing and i dont ever use photo shop. If someone can help me with the scaling of the armor parts that would be amazing. help a noob out.

You can use GIMP (free program, similar to photoshop) naryas has a guide on how to scale along with his files. Please visit his site.

thx, I'll give it a try. I'm trying to avoid making the sheets 8.5 x 11. I work in a print shop so I can just print them all on one sheet. saves time.

Hey Narayas I love the templates, though I do have a suggestion
to simplify the page layout, you can save what ever section to a
separate file, and if you save it as a PDF then open it w/ Adobe Reader
under the print options it gives you the option to print Banner, so you can take the whole say Upper Chest as one file tell it to print banner and it'll span it across multiple sheets for you automatically and give you registration marks to join them. and best of all this is from the Free Acrobat Reader, and page format A4/Letter doesnt matter because it'll automatically conform to whatever your printer is set for, makes it a lot less work separating and printing the parts

Hey, I am a little new to the forum. I want to build a helmet but the link to the helmet patters on the AxionmUltra's tells me the file is no longer available. I was hoping I could get the helmet files from someone on here.

And great job on the armor. I hope mine turns out as well.

I completed the project... It has been utilized most recently for charity fundraisers and visiting the local children's hospital. For photos go to the thread I created "Mass Effect FemShep Build"

Attachments

• Halo Launch - Copy.jpg
    Halo Launch - Copy.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 390
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back