N7: Armour build

Narayas

Hello,
What silliness would it be if didn't have a build of my own N7 templates. As my build progresses I will post snapshots over here. Want to build an N7 armour yourself too? Go to my blog and download all you need to start.

3be22098.jpg

def6bc7e.jpg

Got both arms done now, including the outer shoulder pauldrons, I was not pleased with how the inner pauldrons turned out. So I R redoing them.

Hey nice work. I have started this build myself I am using your templates as a guide and I am also using a few techniques from this other builder I found online while researching.

http://bioweapons.wordpress.com/2010/06/24/mass-effect-2-–-n7-armor-build-–-tool-qa-1/

Some of his ideas have been helpful with detailing and helped to minimize the amount of fiddly cutting and glueing required. Check out a few updates of his build for ideas.

This was also helpful in learning his techniques...

Skyrim Daedric Sword Test Build « Evil FX / BioWeapons.com

( don't know who the guy is exactly & I am in no way claiming his work as my own)

Last edited:
Looking good so far.
( don't know who the guy is exactly...

I hear that Evil FX guy is a total ass. I also have detailed build threads here on the RPF forums somewhere of my N7 and Skyrim stuff which is probably easier to read through/follow than hunting down my individual blog postings if your looking for tips.

Looking good so far.

I hear that Evil FX guy is a total ass. I also have detailed build threads here on the RPF forums somewhere of my N7 and Skyrim stuff which is probably easier to read through/follow than hunting down my individual blog postings if your looking for tips.

Touche sir...figured you would be on here somewhere..nice work btw

Julian,
I downloaded all of the templates and the codex, and am extremely happy with the level of detail as well as simplicity of scaling the templates.

I do have a couple of questions.

Do you have a back torso template that you can add to the rest?

And, how do you break down pieces that require multiple sheets using the helpful platform you have provided?

I am using as well Narayas templates.

In order to break down to multiple pieces, after I copy the layer in question to the A4 Platform, if it does not fit in one page, you need to print it multiple times moving it slightly so that you print all the areas and then join them by invisible tape... I have found there are some pieces like the Shin or the Tight that I had to print them in 5 sheets but when you join them it is ok.

By the way, which glove are you using Narayas? It looks nice.

That looks kick a** so far! I'm going to have to have a crack at this to go with my N7 themed nerf mod. Thanks for sharing your files :cheers

Already started my M8 thanks to EvilFX's blog... thank you sir!! Excited to have Narayas templates now. Anyone going to do the helmet? Having a hard time trying to figure out how to shape 1/2" EVA into rounded top of helmet, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Already started my M8 thanks to EvilFX's blog... thank you sir!! Excited to have Narayas templates now. Anyone going to do the helmet? Having a hard time trying to figure out how to shape 1/2" EVA into rounded top of helmet, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Yodajammies is making the N7 breather (it's a doosie so far)

http://www.therpf.com/f9/mass-effect-3-n7-breather-v2-141987/index2.html#post2203257

and JhonsonArms does a wicked N7 inspired nerf blaster mod

http://www.therpf.com/f9/nerf-gun-props-yes-106425/

Not sure I can help on EVA front, but check out volpin's daft punk helmet build for some great helmet build tips :thumbsup

I don't want to hijack this thread, Narayas has done an amazing job with his templates and done a huge service to the community. Thank you Narayas!

The helmet can be done with 1/2" and 1/4" EVA foam. I was able to modify the N7 Breather helm into your standard open faced version and construct it with those materials. The total build time was a little over 5 hours so it wasn't too bad.

The nice part about constructing it out of foam besides having it match the material of the rest of your suit is that the helmet by design wraps around the cranial part of your head so having that extra give to slide it on and off comfortably works in your favor.

Is it as nice as having a solid casting to work with? Probably not. But it only cost me $4 worth of materials to build so you be the judge..

n7_armor_test_fit_ii_by_hsholderiii-d4vfswx.jpg
the_slowest_n7_armor_build_in_history_by_hsholderiii-d4v8glk.jpg

I should also note that the helmet has not been treated with a heat gun, at all. I stopped using heat to form the foam since it likes to break up the seams and cause other headaches. So instead to get the foam to arch and curve the direction I want I started using bits of 3mm white sintra to guide the foam. It attaches very well and makes the part hold it's shape.

Now I just have to work up a visor

Sorry Narayas! I just wanted to show that EVA foam helmets are doable. :)

Last edited:
did you have templates for the helmet? It looks awesome!!

Sure, go to the link in my sig and send me a message to remind me when I get back later so I can send it to you.

I apologize, but I haven't put it up for download yet. I was planning on batching everything I've worked on together with references and posting it at a later date.

@AxiomUltra; Wow, your build looks really great! Specially the helmet is a marvel. I would love to have a look at those helmet templates some time. On top of that the shape of the collar is amazing!

@AxiomUltra; Wow, your build looks really great! Specially the helmet is a marvel. I would love to have a look at those helmet templates some time. On top of that the shape of the collar is amazing!

Dito on that :thumbsup

Narayas, any updates on your build yet? I have been looking for similar materials but only found really thin stuff so far, where did you get the foam sheets from?

Thanks! I just may finish it someday :lol

And no problem on the templates - if you think it will help you with your own build at all just send me a message and I'll get you whatever you need. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back