Mythbusters props

MCSrobotics

Hi everyone!
I have been MB fan for a long time. Ive been wondering if they just throw old rigs/props that they use in to garbage? (im quite sure that they cant fit all the things in the blueprint room and dont reuse everything)
Just my dream to open a trashcan next to m5i and find some stuff that they used in the show! :)

Ive seen a picture of one rig (that stopped the guys falling off from the car) just sitting beside the shop.

If you own any unique mechanical props that have lots of moving parts and are painstakingly put together, by posting a photo of them for trade you might get a PM by a certain individual.
No guarantees on that, but that would hit a hot button.

lol. I'd love to have signed blueprints too, if not for me then for my dad as he loves the show or a signed cast pic...well that and I'd love to get Grant to sign the robot book he wrote lol.

Adam Savage was the winner of my last Blade Runner Whiskey Bottle auction.
Would it be tacky to include a self addressed stamped envelope with his purchase and ask that he send back an autographed picture?
It's for my step daughter, I swear!:lol

don't most of the props get blown to bits, burned to ashes, or driven off cliffs?

Personally, I just want Grant's Sword Swinging Robot, attached to a motion sensor, and mounted at the opening to my cubical.

Is that too much to ask?

Adam Savage was the winner of my last Blade Runner Whiskey Bottle auction.
Would it be tacky to include a self addressed stamped envelope with his purchase and ask that he send back an autographed picture?
It's for my step daughter, I swear!:lol
Why not just pm him and ask him

I think they will send an autographed photo if you send a self addressed stamped envelope big enough for a 5x7 photo. One site said there is about a 3 month wait to get the pic.
I think this is the address for it.
Fan Mail Address:

The Mythbusters
Beyond Productions
1268 Missouri Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
USA

don't most of the props get blown to bits, burned to ashes, or driven off cliffs?

Personally, I just want Grant's Sword Swinging Robot, attached to a motion sensor, and mounted at the opening to my cubical.

Is that too much to ask?

lol. they could auction off autographed debris or have a contest where you guess what part of buster it used to be. :lol

Is that too much to ask?

So what if they do? Burn marks make it better. Weathering, and all that.

I, too, would love a sword swinging robot for my cubicle.

Is that too much to ask?

You may just have given me a working replica prop idea!

Is that too much to ask?

Probably. It seems to be one of their favorites as well, seeing how many times it's been repurposed to day. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back