Mystic Seer build

bobrocks

I built a fully functional Mystic Seer as a Christmas present for my dad this year. I didn't want to spend $300 on a full Ask the Swami (device the prop was built around) but was able to find the major parts of a different, non ticket dispensing, model for a much more reasonable price! So, I decided to grab that and change up the design a bit. This was a fun project and it took me about a month, working in the evenings as I could.

I posted a pseudo build log over on imgur It's my cake day so I'll repost the Mystic Seer I made my dad this Christmas.

Attachments

• XpuefUJ.jpg
    XpuefUJ.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 191
  • oOzQGjZ.jpg
    oOzQGjZ.jpg
    777.6 KB · Views: 185
  • S8iy5Vt.jpg
    S8iy5Vt.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 195
It is explained over on the imgur post but I wanted to put it here as well. The stl file for the head came from thingiverse and the stl files for the plaques and stars are from myminifactory. I designed the post for the bobblehead myself. It is designed to hold a small, round magnet. I will post links to those files once my post restriction is up. Just wanted to put that out there for full transparency!

Fantastic work! If you'd be up for a commission drop me a line.
Thanks! I may be willing to do another but it would likely be along the lines of the 3d printed models. Maybe a mix between 3D printed and some work bending the plastic for the shell. I am tempted to do the modern one people have done with the thermal printer/arduino (or Pi).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back