Mystery cell phone transmitter prop thingy - what's it from?

ScienceBob

Hey all - I got this prop on eBay because I thought it looked cool. Description said it was purchased at the yard sale of an ex-stuntman. Anyone recognize it right away? It has a production-made feel to it to me. The cell phone is a Motorola V60t which came out about 2001. Wires are mostly dummy wires. What do you think?

-Bob

$_57.JPG

Original eBay link: Movie Prop Authentic Radio Technical Communication Unusual RARE Film | eBay

pretty sure it was from the movie Brake with stephen dorff, in actuality it seems to do nothing, makes no sense in real life, co2 cannisters on half a v60 motorola various corded phone, (pretty sure a pay phone) strange collection of parts, no prob with mail, went through the glass box im sure.(detects explosives)

Could It Be "The Nishi Trace-Buster-Buster" from the Mark Wahlberg film The Big Hit?

Hey all - I got this prop on eBay because I thought it looked cool. Description said it was purchased at the yard sale of an ex-stuntman. Anyone recognize it right away? It has a production-made feel to it to me. The cell phone is a Motorola V60t which came out about 2001. Wires are mostly dummy wires. What do you think?

-Bob

View attachment 333794

Original eBay link: Movie Prop Authentic Radio Technical Communication Unusual RARE Film | eBay

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back