Mynock cave - Falcon Oxygen Mask

We should use these for covid masks
Bad idea. It's simply not suited for that at all.

If those circular vents have holes that lead into the mask area then it's essentially useless. Plus as a potentially every day use item it would be a pain to clean, especially the long hose - you'll get a build up of grease, dirt, dead skin and bacteria, and you'll end up with black and green marks all the way along the hose wherever there's moisture build up. You know sometimes like on the nose-rests when you wear glasses and you get that green gunk after a while? Kinda like that. Plus depending on the shape of your face it won't always rest firmly against it leaving gaps along the edges. Cloth masks with a wire inside are much better at molding to your face. Preferably minimum 3 layers with an FP2.5 filter and adjustable straps.

Expensive props aren't the best for this stuff, unless they're deliberately designed to be practical. If anyone can incorporate the above into a cosplay style prop then you're golden.

Bad idea. It's simply not suited for that at all.

If those circular vents have holes that lead into the mask area then it's essentially useless. Plus as a potentially every day use item it would be a pain to clean, especially the long hose - you'll get a build up of grease, dirt, dead skin and bacteria, and you'll end up with black and green marks all the way along the hose wherever there's moisture build up. You know sometimes like on the nose-rests when you wear glasses and you get that green gunk after a while? Kinda like that. Plus depending on the shape of your face it won't always rest firmly against it leaving gaps along the edges. Cloth masks with a wire inside are much better at molding to your face. Preferably minimum 3 layers with an FP2.5 filter and adjustable straps.

Expensive props aren't the best for this stuff, unless they're deliberately designed to be practical. If anyone can incorporate the above into a cosplay style prop then you're golden.
It was a joke. Sorry

It was a joke. Sorry
No worries, I wasn't upset. Sorry if you thought I was giving you a telling off. It's just some people might actually think it was viable and I thought I dimly recalled the suggestion being made early on in the thread too. I was just concerned that some people might potentially try something they probably shouldn't.

A practical prop or cosplay piece would be cool though (not necessarily this particular prop) and if anyone's up to the challenge it would be someone on the RPF.

The hose seems cheap enough to change out, and I wouldn't use this every day, just at galaxys edge and I would block the holes on the mask maybe with clear silicone.
I would also cut a hole in the bottom of the cannister almost as large as the bottom itself, and put a washable filter element there.
Essentially making these VERY effective for covid defense. For short periods.

Anyway, I was at the new trading post at downtown disney today and snapped these pics of the same masks that were in the falcon ride!
They were up near the ceiling about 8 feet high so I had to stretch my phone up as high as I could reach lol

Attachments

• 20210307_165444.jpg
    20210307_165444.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 204
  • 20210307_165506.jpg
    20210307_165506.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 186
  • 20210307_165522.jpg
    20210307_165522.jpg
    975.6 KB · Views: 193
Has the silver knob on top of the canister been identified yet? If not, what do you guys suggest as the best alternative to use?

Thanks for the mention, it looks like a nice project but I can't do anything for several months.
Looking forward to see what you guys come up with!

I think the Michell knob is right. It's a little big, but if you force it or file down the inside threads it would go in. I don't want to do it right now because I'd never get it back out.
It's the same piece that's used twice on the Hoth scanner.

Attachments

• !Bg,7DKQBGk~$(KGrHqEH-DcEsN1!(JZzBLFQc,ttwg~~_12.JPG
    !Bg,7DKQBGk~$(KGrHqEH-DcEsN1!(JZzBLFQc,ttwg~~_12.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
There is no metal on the goggle vents (and no added dome on top of them). They're just very clear/transparent in the center.
The goggle vents found so far are close, but not 100% correct.
The same vents were used inside the R3 astromech domes.

Aw man, just when I thought I had most of these greeblies locked down and out of the way!!! You're sure about the plastic domes? I've gone back and forth on them plenty, but there are a few angles in the film where it's hard to ignore. Any info on the proper goggle vents, or how they were affixed? Of course, understandable if you're not able/willing/ready to share such info!

Thanks for all of your contributions to this hobby, lonepigeon

Interesting! Looks like you're right. The "carriage bolt through the center" look is probably just a result of that clear plastic in the center (or the negative space behind it) appearing much "darker" than the lighter, frosty plastic used in the more modern vents. Hard to tell, but It seems like they're likely the same shape ... just a different, less frosty plastic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back