My X-WING RED 2

kh39

Sr Member
My pyro kit X-Wing project that started in 2010 has been finished! I would like to thank all of people who helped me especially Kevin(Beaz), Julien( Monsieur Tox), Mr. Shunsuke Suzuk. And thank Frank and Jason for providing the kit and armature! :)
IMG_3657.jpg
IMG_3661.jpg
IMG_3660.jpg
IMG_3666.jpg
IMG_3658.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg
IMG_3476.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it takes a village...and it shows how collaboration between individuals leads to such a great model (y) (y) :cool: :cool:

Wow. You even contoured the right rear of the hull like the original.

Nice touch!!
0F715C12-C590-4FA5-9AF2-BEE9FD73331B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! And thank you for the great picture Jason! It appears that the hole in the armature is a flat head bolt. I simply painted the hole in black. I was wrong!

Very nicely done! What color paints did you use? I was expecting there to be more yellow... is that the difference between the pyro version and the hero version?

I’ve got a Salzo v5 Red 2 kit that I’m going to build one of these days and I’m trying to figure it all out. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you! I used very strong lacquer white that can melt plastic for the base color. The pictures I've posted in the beginning of this thread are taken with very bright daylight. The picture below was taken under led ceiling light. It does look different like this. I've researched and asked who saw Red 2 in person. I heard that Red 2 was displayed next Red 3. They said Red 2 was whiter than Red 3. And one them said that Red 2 was like a swan. They didn't say Red 2 looked white but said that the base color should be white. So I didn't want to make my Red 2 dark like another X-Wings. I think the best way is starting from white and add misting grimy colors afterwards if you think it's too white. There's a very good reference in the SW Chronicles book on P.95. Red 2 is taken with Macbeth checker. That would be very helpful!
IMG_3316.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice work! I love that you stayed with the correct pilot figure for a studio scale X-Wing.

Thank you! I used very strong lacquer white that can melt plastic for the base color. The pictures I've posted in the beginning of this thread are taken with very bright daylight. The picture below was taken under led ceiling light. It does look different like this. I've researched and asked who saw Red 2 in person. I heard that Red 2 was displayed next Red 3. They said Red 2 was whiter than Red 3. And one them said that Red 2 was like a swan. They didn't say Red 2 looked white but said that the base color should be white. So I didn't want to make my Red 2 dark like another X-Wings. I think the best way is starting from white and add misting grimy colors afterwards if you think it's too white. There's a very good reference in the SW Chronicles book on P.95. Red 2 is taken with Macbeth checker. That would be very helpful!

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back