My Wolf Update..finally Sprayed

snakes88

Hey there Guys n Gals,finally got time to spray my mask.As this was the first pull from my mould and having never used a spray gun before I thought I'd use this mask as a trial.Overall I'm quite please with the outcome.I'll put the teeth in next week,gonna add a few veins in the eyes as well.For those of you that haven't seen this before it's made from latex however I'm flirting with the idea of using silicone for my next one.Can I use the same inks?Let me know what you think :)
Thanks for looking
A.J
2012-06-14235439.jpg.gif
2012-06-14235340.jpg.gif
2012-06-14235323.jpg.gif
2012-06-15182459.jpg.gif
2012-06-14235255.jpg.gif

Omg for your first time this is up there with some of the top guns on here, epic work mate the detail is amazing can't wait to see it with the teeth. Well done ..!!

Your first? Are you sure? Looks like you been doing a long time j/k

Awesome work my friend, cracking and melted detail in there. Bad asssssssssssssss!

Thank you Guys n Gals for the comments,yes this the first time I've ever used a air brush.I work as a Artist but never in this field before.I'd also like to thank Lee[Usurper] for his advice on what type of paints,primers and varnish to use as well as the methods in which to use them.Cheers Man! :)

Thank you Guys n Gals for the comments,yes this the first time I've ever used a air brush.I work as a Artist but never in this field before.I'd also like to thank Lee[Usurper] for his advice on what type of paints,primers and varnish to use as well as the methods in which to use them.Cheers Man! :)

1st of all, AWESOME paint up. finishes off a supreme peice nicely.

NO need to thank me dude, we are all hear to learn and help each other, its part of what makes this forum so great, and outweighs the few ******** we get.

On a side note, you will need silicone paints for a silicone mask dude, there are alot of ways to do silicone also, and i will not pretend i am experienced enough to say which is best.

I have personally only painted 3 things silicone so far and they were all using FUSEFX . I am however trying SILCPIG pigments in thinned gel00 on my silicone P2, but i have not got very far on it to be honest.

I have also heard you can thin SOME silicone caulking, i think it needs to be a special kind though, and use oil paints amongst other things to pigment them. ive also heard you can use some powder pigments like temptu, but i have not looked into it anymore really, so its best to take what i say witha pinch of salt regarding those.

what i can say is FUSEFX although expensive, made me reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally happy when i did my silicone P1 head.

good luck.

Foremost, awesome paint-up! Love the colors and very nice blending...

As for the silicon paints, there is a explanation of how to mix up your own paints in this video. It's been a couple of months since I watched it, so do not recall specifics, but if I remember correctly, the actual tubed silicone he uses is named. Would love to get ptgreek's input on the concept of mixing with tubed silicone...

NO need to thank me dude, we are all hear to learn and help each other, its part of what makes this forum so great, and outweighs the few ******** we get.

On a side note, you will need silicone paints for a silicone mask dude, there are alot of ways to do silicone also, and i will not pretend i am experienced enough to say which is best.

I have personally only painted 3 things silicone so far and they were all using FUSEFX . I am however trying SILCPIG pigments in thinned gel00 on my silicone P2, but i have not got very far on it to be honest.

I have also heard you can thin SOME silicone caulking, i think it needs to be a special kind though, and use oil paints amongst other things to pigment them. ive also heard you can use some powder pigments like temptu, but i have not looked into it anymore really, so its best to take what i say witha pinch of salt regarding those.

what i can say is FUSEFX although expensive, made me reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally happy when i did my silicone P1 head.

good luck.

good luck.
Nice one Lee.Wow didn't realise there was so many different types of silicone paint to choose from.I think definately have to look into the FUSEFX stuff sounds awesome!!!!

As for the silicon paints, there is a explanation of how to mix up your own paints in this video. It's been a couple of months since I watched it, so do not recall specifics, but if I remember correctly, the actual tubed silicone he uses is named. Would love to get ptgreek's input on the concept of mixing with tubed silicone...

Thanks for the comment man!do you have the name of the video,is it on youtube?
Cheers A.J

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back