My WOLF From Start To Finish **TEST FIT BIO+UNDERMASK

JBReplicas

Sr Member
Ok after seeing AVP-R I though the character of the Predator or the Wolf as he is known was easily my favourite rendering of the character to date, so I decided to set myself the goal of making a Wolf suit, now I know this is going to take me a lot of time but with the good people here and my own determination I will get there, I started off a few months back, I was fortunate enough to get a casting of Predamaker's Wolf bio, which is a fantastic piece, up til now thats pretty much all I have although I have an undermask on its way too, I used the same technique I used on my last bio helmet, and heres a run down of the process with some pictures of the finished article

* trim and sand the helmet
* primer to show any spots that need fixing - here I decided to 'widen' the appearance of the lower cheeks and to lower the 'frown' a little with some filler to give it a more menacing appearance, once I had added the extra bulk I needed to replicate the hammered metal bumps in the surface, I solved this by using 3-4 different size drill bits and gently 'spoting' a few marks in a random fashion, I did this until I was happy with the effect, once that was done I re-primered the helmet.
* flat black coat, this settles in all the little grooves of the helmet which will add to the overall effect
* several 'blasts' of chrome silver, from about 2 foot away to begin the metallic look
* using Tamiya Titanium Silver I scrunched up some paper towel and used that with the paint to apply more silver detail to the helmet mainly the raised features of the helmet, around the snout and the eyes for example
* when painting my Boba Fett helmet I found oil pastels were great for adding grimy marks, here I used a dark ochre pastel and rubbed a bit of 'dirt' in here and there
* a final touch up using the paper towel and Tamiya Titanium Silver and voila, she's nearly there, just need to finish the laser shroud and add a good set of lenses. let me know your thoughts/comments

Image002.jpg

Image009_6.jpg

nice work on the coloring..

sounds like you've planned things out well, good luck on the process and i look forward to seeing your progress

nice work on the coloring..

sounds like you've planned things out well, good luck on the process and i look forward to seeing your progress

Thank you very much, your WIP on your Wolf suit was also a huge inspiration, if I can do half as well as you have done I will be happy

Ok heres a small update, I picked up a P1 undermask that was too good a price to resist and decided to use it as my undermask, the costum I'm making will obviously be worn alot and a full head mask didn't really appeal to me at the moment, here I have just layed down a few base colours of the main skin tone and some jade green over the back half of the mask, I'm going to hit it again with some more green tones and some black later on, so very rough but just wanted to keep this thread going

Image003_2.jpg

Added the black to the rear of the mask, let it sit for an hour or so and then decided to go in and try out some of the markings on the forehead, I'm quite pleased with how it came out, this is the first undermask I've ever painted and its great fun!

Image011_2.jpg

Ok after a minor crisis were getting back on track, I decided to sub contract out the painting of the undermask as I didn't feel I could achieve the finish I wanted, so thats off being painted as we speak, in the meantime I received my new Wolf bio, its a Biohunter76 Wolf and is fantastic, really nice piece, solid but not too heavy, it also has super bright LED's installed as shown, I snapped a few quick pics with my camera phone whilst I'm outside painting my Don Jarr claymores, I've just given them a quick undercoat of black and will go back and add some weathering and silver/bronze highlights later

Image005_2.jpg

Image009_5.jpg

And here are my Don Jarr claymores all painted up, I went for a base coat of flat black, then a dash of dark copper and then some titanium gold/silver highlights, I haven't gotten the batteries installed yet but here they are attached to my fridge door, yes they are magnetic!! brilliant pieces!!!

Image005_3.jpg

Image009_6.jpg

Ok here I finally have some (crappy quality) pictures of my Casey Wolf bio with my undermask and Usurper neckring, I apologise for the poor quality of the shots I will get some much better ones once my dreads arrive and are fitted, I was excited to see how it looked once I had velcro'd the Bio in place, enjoy!

Image018_1.jpg

Image013_2.jpg

Yes it must be said I owe a huge debt of thanks to Lee (Usurper) for painting my undermask properly and providing me with the awesome neckring, hmm next thing is fitting the dreads and then I need to sort out some dread rings and quills, the next big thing will be the skin, I have chest and shoulder armour already, getting really excited seeing it come together now :D

I just got a friend to measure my height with the mask on, I am 6'1 normally and to the tip of the bio helmet with no shoes on I am 6'5, cant wait to get some shoe lifts, might even hit 7' once its all on, that would be great!

I know that excited feeling, as i get closer i get more and more eager to suit up.

I am sure itll be awesome when completed.

Went back and touched up my Don Jarr claymores, added a bit more silver highlighting and finally fitted some batteries, these things are the mutts nuts!!

Image011_3.jpg

Image017.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back