My WIP scuba bio paint up

ptgreek

So I finally decided to get to work on my Scuba bio. Couldnt figure out what to go with until I came across one of my favorite past Bios. Here is a step by step of what I've done today.

Start with raw

scuba1.jpg

added flat black primer

scuba2.jpg

Highlighted with some silver

scuba25.jpg

Now, I added an Iron oxide paint with real metal in it

scuba3.jpg

next, I sponged on another metal based paint, Blackened Bronze

scuba4.jpg

Now the fun starts to begin...using a reacting agent, I've started the rust process on the metal based paints

scuba5.jpg

So thats where I am as of tonight ...got lots more to do ...playing with patinas that will only react to the bronze and rust that only reacts to iron.
gonna hit some of the fixtures with gold ( a metal that never goes "bad") and some more highlighting.

the idea is that this bio was knocked off in an undersea hunt and was later recovered.

so what do ya think so far?

seaweed ....now theres an idea. Ha

I actually had this steampunk all copper and green patina idea to start with. But the Titanica Bio is really the influence here, and what better a bio to try this on then one that was designed for water. The reacting agents are actually kind of fun, because you dont really know how its going to look until it starts to work. Im using natural sponges, brushes, my fingers and spray bottles for the patina and rusting agents to achieve the look I'm going for. It is kinda of a long process, because of the dry times on one metal paint compared to the time you apply the reacting agent (did that make sense?) . The iron needs 8 hours before it's rusting agent can work. the bronze you can apply while still wet. This should start taking shape over the next few days. Happy accidents are already happening. I bought the wrong patina for the Bronze. that is why it is turning a rust color instead of green. So when I apply another coat of iron ...and its agent, I should have a couple of different rust variations. Once I get the right blue patina, we shall see some more color in it.

Mike the Bio is perfectly sculpted for this method. all the little details are really getting picked up by the rust and metal layers.

think I'm going to rust up some mesh to put in front of the lenses as well.

very interesting process.........cant wait to see the end result.......it's already looking good!

Alright ...let's keep this party going.
added the first layer of Blue Patina...I'm starting to really have fun with this now

patina2.jpg

patina1.jpg

Patinas rock. Nothing better than natural weathering, looks really good so far.

Hez Its about time you saw this. I was going to send you this link.

I envy Both Hez and Ptgreek with your chemicals.

George this Bio looked really good. Anyway you can take professional shoots with it with a nice background?
I want to add it to my Bio gallery. Awesome job!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back