My "What If.." Night of the Living Dead newspaper

TylerHam

Hi All -

Some of you may be aware of the save the chapel movement..
(if you arent read here: Save the Evans City Cemetery Chapel)

And to raise money some artists are donating art, etc - to their ebay auctions -
I was going to do a small run of this newspaper front page that I created for them - It would be printed on thick 'newspaper' looking paper.. I was going to make 20 prints and number them, all the money minus print cost and ebay fees would go to the cause.

Sorry for all the watermark stuff but since its for charity and a paper prop I would be bummed if it got lifted :)

What do you think?

Thanks guys!

Kerr Avon made a great newspaper for Day of the Dead that he showed on the RPF a while back - Its really nice!

Now, the question - If it was for a good cause (fixthechapel.com), would you pay 25$ for a print of this? Thick paper, but still "newspaper" looking -

Trying to gage if its doable...

Or, if anyone has a better idea or price point, let me know - Its really to help raise funds for the restoration project - Kind of like "Donate and you get this" not as much "Buy this for $25"
Ya know?

Hmmm... while Night of the Living Dead premiered on October 1st, 1968, the movie's opening scene discusses the beginning of daylight savings time. I'm not sure a year was ever mentioned in the movie... but if the movie took place in 1968, daylight savings time would have begun on Sunday, April 28th 1968.

...But, the premier date makes sense too.

I'm not sure why I brought that up... It gave me a few minute breaking from entering data on this stupid spreadsheet.

Ha - Ya I thought that - Plus I was thinking, "Well, if Oct 1st is the day of the attack, wouldnt the paper be Oct 2nd?" Then I kind of thought - This isnt really a "replica" so I might as well just have fun with the date :) - Kind of like the Volume 13 I have on there - I got the newspaper name right though, and I tried to font match it to the style they were using back in 68 ( the Z is different but I may fix that) And I think that AM radio station is the Pittsburgh news station as well -

Hmmm... while Night of the Living Dead premiered on October 1st, 1968, the movie's opening scene discusses the beginning of daylight savings time. I'm not sure a year was ever mentioned in the movie... but if the movie took place in 1968, daylight savings time would have begun on Sunday, April 28th 1968.

I thought that as well.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back