My "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" Painting replica project

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Atarian, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Atarian

Atarian Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm working on replicating the multi colored paintings hanging on the New Line executive's wall in this movie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://upload.creamedgeezer.com/images/fredwallprogress4.jpg
    I did the black lines and areas in Illustrator, and I'm "painting" it in Photoshop.
    I've pretty much finished the tellow background version. I did it HUGE to have it printed as big as I want :)

What do you think, sirs?

2. The Death Curse

The Death Curse Well-Known Member

As I've told you already, that's looking FANTASTIC, Jeff. I think you really nailed both the accuracy and the feeling. I can't wait to see how the finished product turns out. :)

Ryan

3. Atarian

All done with the artwork (at least for now, I think)
    [​IMG]
    My artwork for each one is 4400 pixels wide, So I can print these big :)

4. kdawg1

kdawg1 Sr Member

Sweet, are these going to be sold in a set of three?

5. Atarian

Yup, I just have to decide the best way to have them printed. After that I'll have a thread in the junkyard.
    I was looking to have them printed on canvas, but i dont think anyone would be interested in paying that much. Even standard poster paper looks like it will be $20 each. I'm also going to try a high quality rasterbation because it will be the cheapest route. I'll keep you updated.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

6. Starwoid

Starwoid Well-Known Member

If you are going for accuracy it looks like they are mounted or 'painted' on something thin... I would suggest getting them done on a matte poster and then having them dry mounted to foam core at a framing shop... and when they dry mount I would have them pull the excess of the poster around the back and dry mount it to the back to give you the 'canvas' 'wrap around' effect...