My weathered Obi ANH saber- new pics

Originally posted by Gigatron@Jan 16 2006, 06:44 PM
Lester, any chance you can elaborate on the square under the clamp lever?  I'm not sure I follow what you're talking about.
[snapback]1160458[/snapback]​
I think he is referring to the square washer that the clamp lever is pressing against. I don't see any square washer in any reference pics, but I do not see any evidence that there could not have been a round washer there... so I will be using a round washer for my own saber. :D The washer will also protect the sidebar from being scratched by the clamp lever. (if you care about such a thing)

You have done a good job.

Originally posted by Darth Lars+Jan 16 2006, 06:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Lars @ Jan 16 2006, 06:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gigatron
@Jan 16 2006, 06:44 PM
Lester, any chance you can elaborate on the square under the clamp lever?  I'm not sure I follow what you're talking about.
[snapback]1160458[/snapback]​
I think he is referring to the square washer that the clamp lever is pressing against. I don't see any square washer in any reference pics, but I do not see any evidence that there could not have been a round washer there... so I will be using a round washer for my own saber. :D The washer will also protect the sidebar from being scratched by the clamp lever. (if you care about such a thing)

You have done a good job.
[snapback]1160481[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ah, that square, gotcha :). Well, since this thing is far from screen accurate anyway, I'm not really going to worry about it.

Once I get all my uber accurate replica parts, I'll worry about the teeny tiny details then. Whether or not I'll make that dirty or clean is still up in the air.

-Fred

Now you're talking.....
Very nice. You definately got the look...

I got the board from a member here who was doing them at one time...
I think I got the last one or one of the last ones...
Shoot, I can't remember who it was now...

If you need one you might try posting a wanted in the JY.

Originally posted by Gigatron@Jan 16 2006, 11:20 AM
OK gang,

Here's some new pics

Cut off the last step in the emitter and tried to weather the booster (not much you can do to it, I hate using paint).  -Fred
[snapback]1160407[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back