My Very First Attempt At A Predator Bio Mask. As Well As A Few Drawings. Not Very Good But Still T

kevin502

Not too good. My first attempt at a predator mask, using cardboard and glue covered in tape. gonna cover in bondo or paper mache' . any suggestions are welcome. the drawings are my attempts at a predator. I just got into the whole predator costume/ mask ideas and really enjoy this website. I am currently waiting on delivery of my first predator mask. Latex and unfinished. any and all ideas and suggestions on what kind of paint to use and any designs are appreciated. thanks

010.JPG

011.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're waiting for a mask, I'd recommend holding off on continuing this bio. I like the direction it's going but you may be suprised at the size of the mask you're getting. You'll want the mask and the bio to fit together well and to make sure you've got the look you want.

and...
keep drawing. (y)

Thanks, as far as waiting for my mask before i finish bio mask i am workin on another one for that, this one i think is gonna be only biomask, possibly with dreads with no undermask for my first one...what do u think?? Maybe to put up on wall or wear as a quick mask. not sure just experimenting right now and practicing. thanks. just found out the guy i bought the mask from off of ebay is a member of thehunterslair...thats pretty cool

Hey man,

Thats a pretty cool looking bio you got going there. My first bio was made outta of cardboard and masking tape. I used an undermask on my build and it turn out awesome but I agree with Master Annubis one the bio making. I would hold of until you receive it as you may have to restart your build and if your cardboard bio experience is anything like mine, remaking it would be a bitch!

Your art work looks awesome bud. Keep up the good work.

Hey thanks I appreciate that alot. Any ideas on what kind of paint to use on the latex mask? l am artistically inclined, but am new at this type of art and medium

I like that bio actually... kind of reminds me of like an anime predator (if that makes sense). It just has that lean slenderness to it that you see done in a lot of anime and manga. Keep it up thought, can't wait to see the final product!

I have put a layer of bondo on the face and given it a light sanding, i think with more practice i can shape the cheek and jaw a little better, as well as the top of the head once i start on that.
001.JPG

002.JPG

Looking pretty awesome man, bringing bak memories of my first cardboard bio build :)

Are you planning on using an undermask on this or are you adding dreads to the bio? .... not sure if you actually stated what you were thinking of doing.

If you are planning on using an undermask, I would now cut out the rear side of the helmet (the section that goes around your head and secures it) so that the bio will just sit on the undermask. You can help hold the bio to your mask using magnets on the underside of the bio and parallel and opposite on the inside of the mask.

To shape the jaw bone, I add used some backer rod even on both sides

This may help bud http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/25918-my-p1-bio-budget-build-final-update-complete-see-page-2/

thanks man awesome idea with the backer rods, was gonna try using them to make dreads as well, and yes i figured since i didnt wait for the undermask i was gonna put dreads on this one, it prob wont fit an undermask, the one i purchased has an open mandible, Im glad i got into this i figured on a budget i wouldnt be able to make anything but the ideas ive gotten are awesome and appreciated. i wondered how the biomasks stayed on. Man i havent even drawn in like 10 yrs or more, just got an itch and wanted to see if i still could and ended up drawing the predators, im hoping to get better as i go with the drawing too. thanks for all good comments.

so heres the thing, i came to a halt on my first bio mask, kinda have creative block..lol so i started another, pics soon, bio mask and like the way its going more so than my first. still a work in progress. i have also recieved my first latex pred mask, raw. Need to know what kind of paint i need to use to paint this mask, any and all help will be much appreciated.

001.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back