My Vader reveal project *WIP* Suggestions?

sskunky

Sr Member
Hi
here is my other little project on the go, a ROTJ DV REVEAL Helmet.
I have been collecting parts for this project for about 5 years or so and am just missing a few pieces now.
Some of you may know me from selling bits and pieces for the reveal.
The basis is a Portumac helmet that I swapped for a Glenross screw 5 years ago. It is my first DV helmet apart from the sad looking one I have for sale which was a little too ambitious for me. I am looking for an accurate ROTJ helmet, Any suggestions?
I have a set of metal parts that I got from the VaderDoctor, Original copper vents from a Photomultiplier, a few original Glenross screws and a mass of other bits I have begged borrowed bought and stolen!
anyway here are some photos of what I have found so far.

THE START......

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

Then I cut the Jaw off.....:eek:

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

I then sanded off the keys and stuff on the crown as I have some newer metal ones

IMG_3760.jpg

Then I cut out the vent squares...

IMG_3776.jpg

then see what the vents look like.

IMG_3779.jpg

Some parts I have amassed over the years....

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

My own sculpted part in clay. I will cast the black part out of a rubbery poly and Russrep is doing the brass part

IMG_1387_2.jpg

IMG_1389_2.jpg

Brace screws I had commissioned by Russrep

IMG_1391.jpg

Brace mesh

IMG_4417.jpg

Glenross Expansion screws

IMG_4411.jpg

Copper Vents

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

Mouth/jaw parts

IMG_3783.jpg

Crown keys and bits

IMG_3785.jpg

Forehead Parts

IMG_3788.jpg

That will do for now. I'll upload some more parts when I have the time........

What do you think so far?

:star: :arrow: :affraid:

Last edited:
I am looking for an accurate ROTJ helmet, Any suggestions? I have an Elstree coming (...)
Well... that helmet is already a more accurate one than what you got here. Though, it's a cleaned up and sharpened helmet - you could call it idealized.

(...) and thought I might take a cast from it to use as a basis? Is that accepted if it's for my own use? If not then another cast it is.....
No, not accepted. Not even for yourself, just out of principle. There is already a perfect reveal project in the works... I heard something about a new producer making pretty perfect reveal kits in the near future. If you don't want to use this base (and I think it's a shame using all those original gathered parts on something inferior like this) you should definitely wait for this kit. Can't remember who took over the molds... but I'm sure others know.

Well... that helmet is already a more accurate one than what you got here. Though, it's a cleaned up and sharpened helmet - you could call it idealized.

No, not accepted. Not even for yourself, just out of principle. There is already a perfect reveal project in the works... I heard something about a new producer making pretty perfect reveal kits in the near future. If you don't want to use this base (and I think it's a shame using all those original gathered parts on something inferior like this) you should definitely wait for this kit. Can't remember who took over the molds... but I'm sure others know.

Point taken.
I will wait for the reveal helmet in the works. I know about that one. It had just slipped my mind until you mentioned it.

Well, glad I could be of some help. Personally I'd feel it would be a real shame to use those cool parts on something not perfect, and from my recollection... that other reveal was definitely close to perfect.

Good luck with the projects.

What a great bunch of parts!!!!

What is the origin of the Vader mask?
Any idea when the brass discs will become available (you might want to adjust the sculpted part a bit to get full symmetry IMHO)?

Markus

hey Marcus,
thanks!
The black part is a clay sculpt and really my first attempt. I plan on making it as symetrical as I can to the original. I actually made it at work in my lunch break and just cut out the clay discs with various lids lying around the staff room. :lol
I plan on casting them out of a rubbery black resin? And getting Russ to machine the brass middle section.

I forgot to add that the helmet is an old portumac from about 5 years ago or so. I am trying to get a couple of guys here to do a run of helmets from the old Ketzler molds which I think are about the best reveal helmet bases out there.

That's a great collection of parts! I love seeing the real expansion screws...I've been looking for a real one forever for my Fett guantlet.

Funny enough I am trying to get all the drawing I had done by Gavin but he seems too busy to get them to me so it looks like I might I might have to get them done by someone else. I have a bunch of the drawings he did for which I'm very grateful but to continue this project I need the rest. I have a load of parts already dawn up in 3D CAD by someone else helping me.
It's put me back not having them all. It took many month to get the drawing done the first time.

I am on the case. Realistically it will be next year once my house and workshop is finished.

Subscribed ... Mark- hoping to be able to acquire any of the parts you make available from your workings.
great work & thanks for your efforts with finding & offering the dynodes
cheers mike

Funny enough I am trying to get all the drawing I had done by Gavin but he seems too busy to get them to me so it looks like I might I might have to get them done by someone else. I have a bunch of the drawings he did for which I'm very grateful but to continue this project I need the rest. I have a load of parts already dawn up in 3D CAD by someone else helping me.
It's put me back not having them all. It took many month to get the drawing done the first time.

I am on the case. Realistically it will be next year once my house and workshop is finished.

It's next year :lol:D:D:lol

Lol,
I'm coming to the end of my house build. Hopefully another month and we'll be in. Still need to finish my workshop though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your time ... I still have to re-adjust the facemask upper to it's neckpiece . . . and I'm in no particular hurry to proceed :wacko

Chaim

Hah...I decided to convert my CKING ESB mask a few days ago and sold the mask I already had. Even if not having much time, I prefer to BUILD, instead of just taking pre-made parts. That´s half of the fun, right!? :cool

I KNOW my VR will take ages to complete :lol

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

Mark: Do you know the source for the metal crown-keys? I only have -accurately sized- injection molded plastic keys as of yet

Markus

Last edited:
Hah...I decided to converts my a CKING ESB mask myself a few days ago and sold the mask I already had. Even if not having much time, I prefer to BUILD, instead of just taking pre-made parts. That´s half of the fun, right!? :cool

I KNOW my VR will take ages to complete :lol

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

Mark: Do you know the source for the metal crown-keys? I only have -accurately sized- injection molded plastic keys as of yet

Markus

No. Me buy always when possible.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=244864&p=3730328#post3730328

I love seeing these threads on the reveal. Where can I go about buying a good base helmet for this build? I was going to use the supreme I have but would rather use a fiberglass one.

-D Knight-

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back