My V2 silicone Arnie Bust

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by Garth, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Garth

Garth New Member

ok so i had an earlier thread with my 1st silicone arnie t800 bust, i have taken some advice and started again with a new arnie mold. I did make a new endo mold but my 1st casting broke and then the LED tarminal broke off the LED so i had to ditch that and go with an earlier endo casting i had spare (as i am making it for a friend as a present so time was against me as have to order more resin.)
    anyway here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

I like how your skills r progressing. Looks really good. Wrong colour eye though:)

So....tell us a little more of how you went about it?

best
    Taz

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Garth

Garth New Member

Thanks mate, yes I have eyes on order too, I had some 28mm ones I ordered to try out but they were too big and didnt look right. If the others arrive b4 this weekend I will swap them otherwise when they arrive I will organise a time I can swap them for him. I'm still looking for accurate ones if any1 has a link?

Basically I made a flexible polyurethane mould with a 2 piece plaster shell, mix silicone with pigments and flocking pour, slowly spin and rotate the mould, let it set, peel it out and stuff it with foam/towels and a PVC pipe to support it and connect it to a baseplate. 1/3-1/2 an endo skull is cast in resin from a seperate mould and led is set in. Then painting, cutting, glueing the wig and plugging the hairline which is 1 of the most tedious jobs ever.

4. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

Oh? You only plug the hairline? I never realised that. That's a great way of cutting down time on punching the whole head lol

I would talk to streetjudge about eyes. He may be able to point you to someone.

How do you do the blood? Is it a special paint just for silicone?

Best
    TAZ

5. Garth

Garth New Member

Blood is a mixture of silicone, silicone pigment and oil paint, then I go over it with some theatrical blood jam stuff I bought