My V pistol -FINISHED

Originally posted by Reaper57+Feb 20 2006, 12:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reaper57 @ Feb 20 2006, 12:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Kaylee
@Feb 20 2006, 12:04 AM
That is cool.

Um.. can I ask a couple nitpicky questions? I've only seen the little toy that was out some years ago, but as I recall it had some kind of slidy-switch on the top left hand side of the forward part of the gun. Did the originals have that as well?
[snapback]1188556[/snapback]​

i have the toy and a supposed cast from a screen used, the same as Jay's.

both show the slide switch.

john :cool
[snapback]1188573[/snapback]​
[/b]

here is the one Jay and i have. from a board member a couple years back :)

From looking at that pic, I saw nothing onscreen that would lead me to believe that detail on the pistol grip is supposed to be there. My theory is that the toy had that detail so a stock could be attached, a feature I remember the toy having. It was not on screencaps I worked from or pics that were loaned to me. Keep in mind, my sculpt is idealized to my taste. :unsure

"Are these still available?"

-Skyler101

The answer is that they will soon be available. A small private run was done for some members as a build test and for review before they go into actual production. They are on Matsuo's schedule to come out as soon as he finishes his current project. As for the slide switch detail, it is on mine but I relocated it a bit further down and I used a smaller switch. I did this because I felt that big ugly switch would possibly get moved when it was being drawn from the holster resulting in it needing to be reset before taking a shot. Not very logical from my point of view so it has been moved to a more "protected" location. I tried to reimagine this piece as a logical weapon from an alien race with advanced technology, not something the prop guys threw together with huge phillips head wood screws, LOL Another unique feature of my sculpt is the botton connector is cut out and not solid like previous versions. It is my favorite change to the design.

I second the motion...

Originally posted by CanadianKnight@Feb 20 2006, 03:36 PM
Looks awesome.  :)  I'll be keeping my eyes open for an eventual run.  ;)
[snapback]1189058[/snapback]​

If you can pick one of these up, do it.

I have one, and it is awesome - a great scratchbuild by Malbona, and of course, anything Matsuo cranks out is top notch. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be - you get a lot of luscious resin for your money.
:)

-Jeeves

I'll get on it I promise...just got a lot on my plate...seems another film from the 80's about Aliens has been taking up much of my time...;)

Matt

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back