My upgrade

esdain

well i have been busy repainting, and spending money to get my suit ready for halloween this year. the goal was a complete rebuild using none of the original parts and painting it all up to match but due to money problems i have had to repaint some stuff and use some old stuff as it is too, but overall i am happy with the direction he is goin

the old suit
SV500003-1.jpg

and the new as it stands atm.
SV500004-5.jpg.gif

the plan for tomorrow is repaint the feet, hopefully order some new hands and find some netting.
please excuse my mannequin i suspect he leans the other way if you get my drift, stupid pose

SV500003-1.jpg

SV500004-5.jpg.gif

Now thats a good upgrade! Armor looks good.
Is the painting on the stomach finished? It would look better with at bit more colour, personally.

thanks for the comments, and yes, the stomach is finished, well as finished as it's gonna be for this year, this pred is a pale pred, matches his face, what you can't see is the black spikes? that come around his side, you can see them on the thighs, they tie the whole suit together atm.

the thing i am concerned about and am gonna need to try it all on is the torso won't meet the legs or that i am gonna need to tuck in the torso and it will crease, might need to do some alterations

well today it all came together for a test fitting.
but it didn't go completely smoothly.
first i forgot the should armour on both arms, but i used them before so i know they work.
second i put the feet on the wrong way around, i know i am a dunce but i was distracted.
third i think my hands have grown since last year and i tore a glove a little putting it on, but not too bad and a bit of superglue wil hold it for this year.
other than that i know i still need netting and i have a few details that need finishing but i am pleased with it.
i plan on fitting some stealth buttons to stop the torso riding up and the pants falling down too

but on to the photos

SV500009-2.jpg

in my carpark while the pub was open, some odd looking faces were peering at me from the restaurant but oh well

SV500014.jpg

up close, photo shopped around the eyes a little coz i wasn't goin to face paint just for a test

SV500017.jpg

and my helper she got me stuck in the bloody suit coz she was too weak to lift the torso over my head, won't be employing her on halloween night

big thanks to Emily tho for the help and the photos, even if she did put her finger over the flash a couple of times and didn't give the camera time to focus

SV500009-2.jpg

SV500014.jpg

SV500017.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back