My Universal Gauntlet, Idea Gets Off The Ground.

Don Jarr

Hi All

I haven't been around for ages, due to life and stuff getting in the way, but am finally getting round to making what I was calling my universal gauntlet, but before I start had a few questions for you.

So basically it's going to be a main gauntlet body to go round the wrist that will have a detectable top section which can house blades, net launcher computer etc. The actual gauntlet will be either left or right handed, then I can make different top sections which will fit on and be held in place by a simple bolt. I was also going to do blank top plates, then if people wanted to build their own blade holder or computer they could.

So what I wanted to know was, how do people currently put their gauntlet on. Do you slide your hand through a one piece gauntlet with your pred hand already on, or is your gauntlet in two pieces that you assemble around your arm. Or do you put your latex pred hand into the gauntlet first then slide your hand through both to put them on.

The reason I ask is I want to cast this in high impact pu resin and in one piece would make the whole top attachment system easier to build. I wanted to avoid fibreglass as its messy and needs lots of clean up, where with pu resin, I can make a two part mould and the only clean up would be the resin in spout and air out.

It will take a while but hopefully today I can turn the wooden plug for the gauntlet so I can vacform a HIPS copy and then start to detail it. It won't be from any one film, it will be a bit of each, and a bit of my making it up.

Have fun

:) Don

Mine aren't brilliant, but my gauntlets are made as 1 piece. I put the pred hand on first and then slide the gauntlets on. But am thinking that would probably work better as a two piece that clip together and fasten somehow. One piece gauntlets can be tricky coz can't always get them over my hand easily (they get caught on the hands, costume etc so I would suggest two piece gauntlets

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back