My Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Obsession

TwilightTim

So over the past yr, I have been working on recreating the Disney Tower of Terror Basement Elevator entrance. When I say "working on," the truth is that I have been dreaming up props, and having talented people make them come to a reality. Some of the props are directly based on a recreation of actual items found in the Tower of Terror Ride, and from actual Twilight Zone episodes, and some just dreamed up as extension of the ride and/or the television series. The special effects created include physical props, A/V special effects (deepfake), set design and construction, an artificial simulated rain system. Anyway just as an overview here is a link to a video I shot about 2 months ago which gives an overview of the project and a few of my favorite individual props in the show. The project is actively ongoing with continuous improvement and upgrading as my OCD for this project is still not under control. Please subscribe to the Tower of Terror Youtube channel; there are over 100 videos showing videos on many more individual props and the development stages of the props.

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible. This is one of my favorite rides ever, to the point that my wife and I had our wedding photos taken there, haha. Are you planning on adding more?

Absolutely incredible. This is one of my favorite rides ever, to the point that my wife and I had our wedding photos taken there, haha. Are you planning on adding more?
There is ongoing work done on the project. The biggest thing we are considering is to incorporate an autonomous robotic moving elevator car recreation that can move around the room (and even perhaps outside the room) that can turn and even have a pneumatic drop system for up to a 6" drop.

Have you seen the Youtube video of the couple that also were huge Tower of Terror fans, and got engaged and even created a Tower of Terror Hotel sign reproduction complete with fiberoptic lighting? In fact I have been looking for a prop maker to recreate the sign for me as well.

That would be awesome. I can't wait to see more work on it. So what was the room originally? It looks like you had a grill and a counter in there?

There is ongoing work done on the project. The biggest thing we are considering is to incorporate an autonomous robotic moving elevator car recreation that can move around the room (and even perhaps outside the room) that can turn and even have a pneumatic drop system for up to a 6" drop.

That would be awesome. I can't wait to see more work on it. So what was the room originally? It looks like you had a grill and a counter in there?
Yes it was a BBQ patio. Here is the Halloween edition of Good Morning Americas Haunted Homes feature, where the project was shown (It is the last home shown), and they show a photo of the room prior to the project.

I absolutely love this! The elevator looks incredible! So so cool. Have you done anything additional to the room?
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Here is the latest update to the show:

The improvements, enhancements and ongoing plans are continuous. I think it may be on the order of another yr until completion. Plans are for expansion to the backyard and as mentioned previously building of an autonomous moving elevator car.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back