My TOS Battlestar Galactica Viper pilot helmet

gunnerk19

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just received this from a talented individual in The Netherlands, made from fiberglass with working light bars :)

E163QdO.jpg

zi54kun.jpg

JYpr9FO.jpg

XRJSOif.jpg

ccJeyW0.jpg

Nes7AIu.jpg

Still need to fiddle around with the right placement of padding for a decent fit, but I'm very pleased with it. May just use a different mannequin head for display because the ears on this one press up against the upper light bar *meh*

Can't wait to get Magnoli's warrior tans to go with it.

Is that the work of the DutchCylon by any chance? I know he was planning a run of helmets. I own one of his Colonial blasters - awesome work.

The helmet looks great.

It is indeed. And while I don't own one, I agree his pistols are a work of art. I may have to break down and get one when funds allow.

When Bryan Singer was going to direct the reboot, I was asked to create designs for the new Viper pilots. We of course wanted to keep the theme of the original series. My illustrator created some great sketches and we got as far as completed sculptures on the helmet and the Cylon, before the plug was pulled. (Singer was offered another X-men film)
viper_pilot_suit.jpg
viper_sculpt.jpg

When Bryan Singer was going to direct the reboot, I was asked to create designs for the new Viper pilots. We of course wanted to keep the theme of the original series. My illustrator created some great sketches and we got as far as completed sculptures on the helmet and the Cylon, before the plug was pulled. (Singer was offered another X-men film)View attachment 1645809View attachment 1645810
Those look great! Would love to have that sculpt !

When Bryan Singer was going to direct the reboot, I was asked to create designs for the new Viper pilots. We of course wanted to keep the theme of the original series. My illustrator created some great sketches and we got as far as completed sculptures on the helmet and the Cylon, before the plug was pulled. (Singer was offered another X-men film)View attachment 1645809View attachment 1645810
Looks like a Great Homage to TOS and Galactica 1980! (y)

Saw these images years ago and loved them, they show a great updated design with just enough of a hat tip to the original series. Truly surprised no one from the community attempted to re-create them. Although I enjoyed NBSG, it's really a shame this version didn't happen.

Do you know if the maker still sells these?

He does make them as ordered. He has an Etsy page, but the helmet is not one of the items he has listed, you'd have to message him to inquire about it. I'll PM his Etsy info to you because I don't know if posting it here would break any forum rules.

Is it possible to ask an average price of what you paid for that helmet gunnerk19 eventually please ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back